Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> sore right nip
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
  Posted: Apr 12 2007, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Okay, I've been fortunate to never have thrush or even cracked nipples, but my right nipple feels really sore right now. It hurts when Wesley latches on. What is this?? I don't see any cracks, but it is a bit more red then the left one. What do I do?

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
BabyOwen427
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

I think that was about the age that ds started getting lazy and would just latch on the first thing that came to him. Make sure that he is indeed latching to the nipple and not off to one side or the other.
DS has also left bruises on my breast and no where near the nipple and that was because in the morning I bring him to my bed so I can get a few more minutes of sleep and we nurse together. He latched on to the side of my breast a couple of times and I had huge bruises on them. huh.gif That doesn't sound like what you described but all I can tell you is to insure that he is latching on to the nipple correctly. Don't know what else to say but good luck HTH.

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (BabyOwen427 @ Apr 12 2007, 01:04 PM)
I think that was about the age that ds started getting lazy and would just latch on the first thing that came to him. Make sure that he is indeed latching to the nipple and not off to one side or the other.
DS has also left bruises on my breast and no where near the nipple and that was because in the morning I bring him to my bed so I can get a few more minutes of sleep and we nurse together. He latched on to the side of my breast a couple of times and I had huge bruises on them. huh.gif That doesn't sound like what you described but all I can tell you is to insure that he is latching on to the nipple correctly. Don't know what else to say but good luck HTH.

You know, that's probably IT! Wesley gets up for a feeding somewhere between midnight and 3am, so I almost take him into bed with me every morning. I'm usually half asleep, so is he, so I just lay down with him and let him latch on all by himself. He is usually searching for it and then "chomp". So I know he misses sometimes. I'm also getting lazy about de-latching him and just sorta pull him off, so maybe that's it. blush.gif I will keep an eye on it though just in case it's an infection. Thanks

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 13 2007, 05:49 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Teething - that would be one of my thoughts. They get a lazy latch when they are teething. Even the slightest swollen gum can really rub the nipple and make it sore. For me I just muddled through it til the tooth popped through, but I would also unlatch and relatch her to get her to open wider so the gum wouldn't hurt the nipple so much. Hang in there. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
BabyOwen427
Posted: Apr 13 2007, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

Glad I could help. I was just shooting at the dark with that anwser. tongue.gif

And teething may come in play too. I think ds was teething around the same time, didn't think of that earlier.

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0115 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]