Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Influenza A
blue72
Posted: Mar 9 2006, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,231

Poor little Jake is miserable. He started getting sick on Saturday and has ran a high fever for 4 days. I think it is finally gone. We took him to the Dr. yesterday and they confirmed it was Influenza A. He said we should be through the worst of it and it just needs to run its course. For those of you that have had experience with this type of flu, how long does it take before the little guy will get his energy back. He can't muster up the strength to do anything.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 9 2006, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I don't really know, I only see them if they get REALLY sick and end up in the hospital, but i know it will knock you on your butt for a while. I hope he feels better soon.
PM
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Mar 9 2006, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

It had a run though our family a month ago. It lasted 7 days for me, 10 for DH, 4 for youngest DD and 2 for oldest. The youngest caught it first but she and her sister both got started on Tamiflu and got over it pretty quickly. Big sis only had sniffles and a cough with fever for one day. DH and I were the walking dead for the better part of a week. Not fun

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN

redchief
Posted: Mar 9 2006, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

Influenza A = the most common strain of flu seen in this year. That's all. So, anyone who's had the flu should know what your poor son is going through. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with though. Glad he's feeling better and hope he's fully recovered very soon. smile.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
blue72
Posted: Mar 10 2006, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,231

I believe everyone except my husband has had it. My 2 older sons got through it much easier. Jake is 16 months and was the only one that got the flu shot. He got it the worst. I must say I'm a little disappointed that the flu shot did not help him at all.
PMEmail Poster
greyhart
Posted: Mar 14 2006, 01:13 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,424

Sneezing is the great keynote of this remedy. Sneezing and lachrymation on going into the open air. The throat is swollen and the pain is worse on empty swallowing; the sneezing is excessive, shaking the whole body. Shudderings , with gooseflesh chills creeping upwards, are also prominent symptoms. Frontal headache, dryness of mouth, without thirst and cough, worse on lying down, are additional symptoms. It suits well many cases of the catarrhal form of grippe; other remedies having sneezing are Cyclamen and Euphorbia.
PMEmail Poster
Sarah&Mackenzie
Posted: Mar 14 2006, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,956

When Mackenzie was 3 months old she was in the hospital for 2 days with influenza B. I hope that Jake starts feeling better real soon!!! hug.gif

--------------------
Photobucket
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0149 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]