Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Anyone taken Prilosec before?
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I've been on prilosec for my stomach issues for almost 6 weeks now. This past weekend I decided to not take it because I was wondering if some of the symptoms I was having lately were due to side effects from the prilosec. What I noticed though is by late Saturday into yesterday my stomach was in severe pain like it was before I started taking the prilosec. Could it just be coincidence, or is not being on that med for a short period of time mean that my issues have not gone away? Am I making any sense with this? blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

call the Dr and tell them its not working or their is another problem

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I think I wasn't explaining it right before. When I was on the meds my stomach did not hurt, although I did have a few side effects from the med but was told I could have them. I thought I'd see how I did w/o the meds over the weekend and found that I'm still having stomach problems. My question was did the meds stop working that fast and my stomach probs came back or was it coincidence? Just wondering if anyone experienced that on the meds before or not?

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

I can tell you this when Katie missed her Prevacid for some odd reason she felt it
so its possiable

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks Lisa. I was hoping my stomach issues had healed sad.gif This is just so frustrating. I see the doctor on the 13th of July so hopefully he'll have some more answers for me by then.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
tammyhopkins
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 1,922

Prilosec can be a lifelong medication in some cases. I work for an internet pharmacy so i have not taken it myself but kow that sometimes it can mask other problems because it makes you feel better for the time being.

--------------------
MOM TO JOSHUA AND NICHOLAS WIFE TO JEFF

baby

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jun 25 2007, 10:15 AM)
Thanks Lisa. I was hoping my stomach issues had healed sad.gif This is just so frustrating. I see the doctor on the 13th of July so hopefully he'll have some more answers for me by then.

hun look at it this way you went to the Dr and your getting help now so it can only get better for you
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

PMICQAOLMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

6 weeks isn't long enough for it to have healed I don't think. hug.gif I was on Prilosec a couple years ago for GERD and an ulcer, and it took a few weeks of that, then I had to switch to Aciphex because my insurance wouldn't cover the prilosec after they started making it OTC. After a couple months on the aciphex I took zantac for a few months and then I felt like my issues were finally healed. They're back now though after being pg twice, so I need to go to the doctor again. dry.gif

What kind of side effects were you having?? There are a few other drugs that will work just as good if the side effects are making you miserable. hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well I was actually on the Prilosec for about 2 or 3 weeks before that, still not a long time, but they had me on a SUPER high dose during that time because I was severely sick and they were waiting to do the tests. The scope showed massive irritation in my stomach, but no visible sign of an ulcer. The doc said I could have had a small one starting but with the high doses they had me on and the amount of time we had to wait between tests that it was possible that it healed. So they aren't ruling out that I could be dealing with ulcers. They aren't for sure if it's the combo of not eating (I was only eating 1 meal a day then) and taking so much motrin each day for migraines - they think that was what caused the irritation in my stomach. I was told that it would take a few weeks of not being on the motrin and I'd feel better, but I can see not being on the prilosec for just a few days that I'm not better.

The side effects I'm having is a lot more gas blush.gif out both directions - I never had that issue before. I also feel more constipated than I ever did before.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Jun 27 2007, 04:35 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I took it and am now on Protonix - you definately have to keep taking it for it to work - as soon as I don't take mine for a day or two it comes back - and then it does take a couple of days for it to start working again.....

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 27 2007, 04:52 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jun 25 2007, 11:52 AM)
The side effects I'm having is a lot more gas blush.gif out both directions - I never had that issue before. I also feel more constipated than I ever did before.

I have to go to a G.I. Dr next month bc I feel bloated and gas doesnt come out so they think its from all the antibiotics I was on

I hope you feel better but keep us posted
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

PMICQAOLMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0233 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]