Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> so which ones did you refuse?
Nina J
Posted: Apr 5 2006, 12:20 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,398

I considered refusing some, Hep B was one. But, a friends daughter contracted Hep B when she was only 5, so we never refused any. Emily is up to date on everything happy.gif

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Apr 5 2006, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

All of our children have recieved all of the vacinations. With the exception of all the recent ones. Claudia has to have the Chicken Pox vacine before Spencer comes home, because if she were to contract Chicken Pox it could be fatal for Spencer. In 1 year Spencer will need to be re-immunized, because he really doesn't have an immune system.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 5 2006, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Zach hasn't had any past his 18 month check up. Emilie hasn't had any past her 12 months. And Naomie hasn't had any at all.

However... because Zach is starting school in September, the secretariat asked for his immmunization records - and they will NEED to be up to date for him to go to the school.

dry.gif

Oh well.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

3_call_me_mama
Posted: Apr 5 2006, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

Rocky did you get that exemption link I sent you? Does that apply to the area you're movig to?

One that reecently decided as definately skipping or at least delaying until the kids are in their teen years are teh MMR shots. A friend of our almost lost their son recently due to a reaction of this shot. He now has epelliptic seizures most likely for teh rest of his life. He's just 5 years old. His grandfather is a ped and told his parents that without a doubt it is a reaction to the shot he had 2 days earlier that caused the first siezure and caused some severe bleeding on his brain. He is recovering, but keep having teh seizures mildly and they are not sure of the extent of teh brain demage it caused. Since Rubella cna cause great problem during pregnancy to the fetus if the mother gets them, i dont' necessarily want to put my daughter in that prediciment when she is older and measles or mumps (think it was measles but not positive) cna cause sterility in males adults if they get it, Cameorn may have teh shot as a preteen also. But for now it hit a littel too close to home for us. (Their little guy had a reaction to the prevnar shot as well, which makes me even more leary due to Kat's reaction at 2 months)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
charliesmama
Posted: May 19 2006, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,742

We dont vax at all, and while I will not get up of my high horse and lecture, I do think you are definatly doing thr right thing by doing your research. Do however be careful, you would be suprised how many organizations are actually funded by big pharma. I prefer to get my info from people who arnt getting paid to find the "right" conclutions.
If you want any help, pm me and I would be glad to give you some good resorces!

This post has been edited by charliesmama on May 19 2006, 03:18 PM
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: May 19 2006, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I read up on all of them before I let them give them to Lexi and I so far have let her had them all. I am lucky she has had no allergic reactions to any of them.
PMEmail Poster
Rachael
Posted: May 19 2006, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,680

My son Zachary is up to date on all his immunizations. He has not had the flu vaccine ever. The only one I declined initially was the chickenpox. However, after carefully doing research of my own, and being a nurse, I decided that it was best for my son to have the vaccine.

Rachael
PMEmail Poster
Cece00
Posted: May 23 2006, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

All 3 of my children are up to date with shots, with no adverse reactions.

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Lor
  Posted: Jul 14 2006, 03:10 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4,162

Hi,
I'm Lorretta and have 4 daughters. Tash (17), Kelly (14), Nikki (9) and Krystall (nearly 1). Tash and Kelly are both up to date with their vacs. Nikki is up to date with all her vacs. She has even had the mmr without any problems. Krystall has had her triple vacs (polio, diptheria etc). She has also had a pnuemonia vac as she has a heart defect. Krystall will also be having her mmr and any other vacs that she may need in the future. I would sooner have a child that has a few setbacks like autism than lose my child. It is always better to get vaccinated, then it hopefully will rule out any epidemics.

xxx
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jul 14 2006, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 2 2006, 04:01 PM)
I think the risks of not getting the shots far outweighs any slight risk that comes with the shots. I would hate to see the return of some of the crippling and fatal childhood diseases. I don't want to offend anyone, I am just stating my own personal opinion after doing my own research.

Will has had all of his normal vacs, but he's never gotten a flu shot. I agree that the good outweighs the bad by far when it comes to this. If he'd had a bad reaction or something though I may would have spread them out. But I'd never not give them. Just my opinion. thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Jackie012007
Posted: Jul 14 2006, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,017

ok I think I might be dumb lol... you can refuse vaccinations? blush.gif I thought like they just went down a list and shot you up, that is what they did with me when I was a kid, I think? Anyone reccommend a site or some literature about this stuff? Apparently I have some research to do!

--------------------
Jackie - mama to Carly Evelyn (01-05-07) and Bride-to-Be (02-28-09)
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Jul 15 2006, 03:32 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

QUOTE (redchief @ Mar 25 2006, 12:26 AM)

I'm a big believer in vaccines. They're some of the big reasons for the advance in human life expectancy, the near eradication of polio, the rarity of mumps (when I was a kid everyone knew someone who had mumps every year), and the near eradication in the industrial world of rubella. Needles are scary, the reactions can sometimes be a pain, but the diseases can be deadly.

very well said redchief, dito.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Jul 15 2006, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

QUOTE (Lor @ Jul 14 2006, 06:10 AM)
I would sooner have a child that has a few setbacks like autism than lose my child. It is always better to get vaccinated, then it hopefully will rule out any epidemics.

xxx

HMMM> Never thought of autism as a few setbacks... maybe you should talk to some parents of autistic children and see what they think, regardless of if they vaccinate or not....
as for your last comment... ALWAYS is a very long time........ ask someone who lost a child due to an adverse reaction how long ALWAYS is.... they will be without their child ALWAYS....
not trying to convince anyone one way or another, as I have saidseveral times, everyoen needs to do what is best for their family adn their situation, blanket statements with out facts behind them are no good for anyone. Maybe a littel more research will help you see both sides, maybe not change your mind or feelings, but realize that some things are FAR more indepth than they appear.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Jul 15 2006, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

Logan is up to date and on schedule. I didn't delay any of them other than the ones that had to be delayed around his heart surgery. I have enough to worry about with Logan and his heart, I feel better knowing that my child is vaccinated. He even had the flu shot after his cardiologist recommended it. Flu for Logan could turn deadly. I simply don't want to lose him to something I could have helped prevent.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo

blissfulecho
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 10,077

We don't vaccinate whatsoever. After doing extensive research for the past 2 years, we've come to the conclusion that none of the vaccines offered at this time are necessary. My suggestion would be to stop vaccinating, until you have done enough research to feel completely comfortable with your decision, whether that be to vax or not to vax. Good luck mama!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
BabyOwen427
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

QUOTE (3_call_me_mama @ Feb 24 2006, 02:12 PM)
Also injecting the stuff liek aborted fetus cells into my child just makes me want to HURL>

Ok, not to start any debate or anything but where did you read that they inject aborted fetuses in to our children? I have never heard of that and was wondering where you got your info. I am not saying you are wrong.

We also spread out his vax but I did do the combos, less shots at a time. We have refused the flu shots and will refuse the chicken pox vax when the time comes.

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
blissfulecho
Posted: Mar 24 2007, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 10,077

QUOTE (BabyOwen427 @ Mar 23 2007, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (3_call_me_mama @ Feb 24 2006, 02:12 PM)
Also injecting the stuff liek aborted fetus cells into my child just makes me want to HURL>

Ok, not to start any debate or anything but where did you read that they inject aborted fetuses in to our children? I have never heard of that and was wondering where you got your info. I am not saying you are wrong.

We also spread out his vax but I did do the combos, less shots at a time. We have refused the flu shots and will refuse the chicken pox vax when the time comes.

Scary isn't it? But it's true. Here's a link that will show you the vaccine ingredients.
Click Here

Here's another one.

This post has been edited by blissfulecho on Mar 24 2007, 08:02 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Mar 29 2007, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Olivia got all hers on schedule except MMR, I had them split it up and will do the same for Dylan.....I feel as much fear about the vaccinations since they stopped using mercury as a preservative in them - I do however make them show me the bottles so I know that it isn't used in them....they think I am a bit nuts but do understand....

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0186 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]