Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Allie's Birth Story
Boys r us
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 378

My induction was started promtly at 7:35am on Thursday November 2nd.

They blew 5 veins trying to get my IV started, both of my arms are black and blue from my wrist up to my elbow. STILL 4 days later.
But once the iv was started, everything was pretty smooth sailing from there. I was checked upon arrival and told I was 60% effaced and between 1 and 2cm.
They progressively bumped up the pitocin 2 notches every 15 minutes, I was feeling contractions but nothing I couldn't talk through or handle. Then around 11ish my dr checked me and I was STILL at 2cm, so he decided to break my water. That was probably one of the most painful experiences I've had. Something about the way my cervix was sitting and because it was still not very dilated, it was hard to get the "hook" through my cervix to be able to break my water. I was in MEGA pain and my doctor just kept saying, I'm sorry, I'm sorry Nichole...I'm so sorry! My poor DH looked like he was going to pass out from seeing me in so much pain. Once he got past my cervix, he had a really hard time getting the bag of water to break and once he did, her head immedietely came down hard on my cervix and only a minimal amount of water came out, but enough to see that it was clear and okay, so no micconium in it. So the contractions started getting overwhelming at this point ASAP from getting my water broke. But I was determined not to get any narcotics, I did want an epi, but I don't respond well to narcotic pain killers, they make me very nausiated and also I didn't want Allie to be groggy when she was born. I was defintiely getting ready for an epi though!!!
Around 1, I asked for an epi and they said okay but then told me the anesthesiologist(sp?) had just gone into a c-section and it would be awhile before he was out. GREAT!!!!! I was in so much pain all I wanted to do was rip someone's head off..luckily I refrained! The contractions were getting the best of me, for a few hours now they'd been coming 1 on top of the other, no break in between then to speak of. I was positive I couldn't take it another minute and around 2:30 MY HERO showed up to give me an epidural. It hurt, but I didn't care...I just hugged that pillow that they put in my lap to bend over while rick sat in a stool between my legs on the side of the bed and held me. Rick was so sweet, he really tried his hardest to help me through everything and keep my chin up!
so I am thinking I am HOME free at this point, I mean..WHO CAN'T deal with 2 or 3 more contractions knowing that the pain was GOING to end very soon!
So...10 contractions later, the pain in my stomach was gone but I could feel EVERYTHING "DOWN THERE". I kept saying,"it's not working, it's not working" and they kept telling me to give it a chance to work..I explained that it was working EVERYWHERE..I couldn't feel the pain in my stomach, I couldn't feel my legs...but it's like the pain was just SO INTENSE in the birth canal area that the epi just had no effect on it. I don't mind telling you, the pain was unbelievable, but the thought of delivering and feeling everything was even more terrifying to me than the pain I was already in. So the guy formerly known as "my hero" came back in and dumped some narcotic down in my epi and told me it wouldn't make the pain go away but it would make me not care...THANKS!! Well, it helped a tiny bit..but not a lot, I think I was in so much pain that it just didn't have that much of an effect on me. The nurses kept saying her head was REALLY low causing the intense pressure and pain I was getting down there. So I'm still trucking through the contractions, the pitocin was at level 22 and the contractions were in fact still kicking my butt which completely sucked considering I'd just gone through the epidural. Although in hind sight, I'm still VERY glad I got it b/c it did take a lot of the pain away as far as the contraction pain above the groin which had also been quite intense. Anyhow, they checked me and I was at 3cm...YES you heard me correct THREE CM! HOW COULD THIS BE???? They told me it's because of the scar tissue from the cervical treatments/procedures I've had in the past. Finally though I was able to relax a little..I just learned to surrender my body to each contraction and go with it instead of fighting the pain. I tuned everyone and everything out. Around 3:30 I told Rick...GET THE NURSE NOW! and he was like,"Why?" and I told him that I was pretty sure she was coming, NOW! So of course the nurses didn't believe me...but they came in and checked me and they found me at a full 10cm and ready to push. They got the doctor and he was in disbelief, but quickly realized they were right once he got in there and checked me.
They got everything set up in a hurry and I started pushing...OMG it hurt so badly..but it felt so good to know I was so close to meeting my sweet girl and getting this pain over with. I pushed with all of my might for about 10 contractions and she was born..and then we became a family of 5!

speaking of the 5th..she's crying now! So off I go!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
moped
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

WOW - great story.......what an exciting day. She is perfect and your family of 5 is now perfect!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

That sounds frustrating Nichole! I'm sorry the epi didn't work like you wanted it to. hug.gif That's how mine was too - it took away the pain of the contractions but it didn't help with the pain "down there" at all. Sorry about your arms too - ouch! blink.gif I can't believe how fast it went after you figured out how to relax - amazing! thumb.gif Congratulations again I'm so thrilled for you! hug.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

MyLuvBugs
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

That's wonderful Nichole! hug.gif I'm so sorry your epi wasnt' the greatest. It sounds just like the one one I had with Lorelei rolleyes.gif And isn't it amazing that once you stop fighting the pain how quickly labor goes. smile.gif I'm so happy for you all. hug.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
ediep
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

wow!!

Thanks so much for sharing that Nichole. I am so glad to know that if I don't fight it , the labor will go faster....I'lld efinately have to try that

Sorry about your arms and the epi though

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
amynicole21
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

wub.gif wub.gif So glad she's here! wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

Oh Nichole how sweet
You have the perfect family
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

i am so glad you have your beautiful little girl home.. desite all the troubles...

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
jcc64
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Wow, I go off on a little business trip for a few days, and look what I miss!!!!!!
A big fat congratulations to you, Rick, and the boys on your blessed little princess.
Welcome to the land of pink......

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0124 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]