Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Single dad
DblTblDad
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,398

My wife became pregnant with a set of twins when she was with a man who was very abusive. I got her to come away from him and we fell in love. The babies were born in February of 2004 and we were married in May of 2004. She passed away in May of this year.

That is my story and what I'm worried about is that the kids are going to grow up and not remember her. I play videos of her all the time but I think she's started to be just another Blue or just aother Barney.

And I don't know anything about kids. I've never had kids. I've learned enough to take care of them, but I still feel like an inept fool with all this. Does anyone have any advice on how to make these things easier?
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

Wow! That is great that you are taking care of them. I think if you keep your wifes memory alive for the kids they will get to know her. Be sure they know she loved them very much. (my mom died before my daughter was born and I am amazed at the intimate relationship my daughter has with her grandmother. My daughter knows things about my mom that I forget that I told her.)

wavey.gif Welcome to the forum. Good Luck to you.

Are your children boys or girls?

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
DblTblDad
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 04:42 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (amymom @ Aug 23 2005, 07:40 AM)
Wow! That is great that you are taking care of them. I think if you keep your wifes memory alive for the kids they will get to know her. Be sure they know she loved them very much. (my mom died before my daughter was born and I am amazed at the intimate relationship my daughter has with her grandmother. My daughter knows things about my mom that I forget that I told her.)

wavey.gif Welcome to the forum. Good Luck to you.

Are your children boys or girls?

they are a boy and a girl. Thanks for the reply smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

QUOTE (amymom @ Aug 23 2005, 07:40 AM)

Hi nice to meet you

I agree with amymom

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
NummyMommy
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 2,296

Nice to meet you.....you sound like a wonderful person. You've come to the right place...this forum is really supportive and helpful. Best of luck to you wavey.gif
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

wavey.gif welcome and nice to meet you. i admire what you are doing for these kids. i think playing the videos, talking about her and showing pictures is all you can do right now. the children are still very young, so it is hard for them to grasp yet. as long as you keep doing what you are doing, they will never forget her. do they have a picture of her in their room to say good night to?

i am soon to have my fourth child and STILL feel inept as a parent lol. just hang in there and do the best you can. this community is great for support also, so i hope you stick around hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
DblTblDad
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Thank you all. Yes Kimberely they both have pictures of her framed in their room and we have this littel baby photo album that has a lot of pictures in it. they see her and say mommy but i dont think they remember her.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0137 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]