Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting Blogs | Please visit our sponsors: |
Home | Help Search Members Calendar Abbreviations Today's Topics Live Chat Donations |
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) | Resend Validation Email |
|
DeboraDyess |
Posted: Jun 10 2011, 07:29 AM
|
Newbie Group: Members Posts: 6 Member No.: 23,386 Joined: 29-May 11 |
Hi all
I'm a big reader -- no surprise since I'm also a writer. Because I"m helping raise the grandkiddos, I'm back to the kid's book section of the stores, the internet, etc. I found some fun books at boogerbooks.com (yep, Booger Books! Love it!) "No-Neck Monsters" is my favorite so far. It's a mystery that you'll figure out pretty quickly, but it will keep the kids hanging on to the end. It was written by a team of teachers, and is described on the website as 'educational fiction'. Full of rhymes and fun pictures, it's a great start to summer activities. After we read it, we had a 'monster party'. I pulled out fake fur and fake eyelash adhesive, made face paints and hair gel and we made each other into monsters. Then we danced, did a monster parade, played monster bingo (made ahead of time) and made monster cookies and juice (mixture of koolaid and sprite -- watch out! It fizzes like crazy!) It was a GREAT time, and since the book comes with a CD, the kids can 'read' the book independently as often as they want and at least play the bingo game. Oh, we also had monster races. We had a sack race (not recommended for the 2 year old!), played tag and had a monster crawling race (not recommended for the Grandma!) The book isn't expensive and the day is SOOO worth the time and expense! Oh, there's a real cute YOuTube commercial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4anU3mj2TAM Hope you enjoy your summer, Deb |