Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Birthday Blowout
wcs40110
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,240

Dakotas 1 year went pretty good. She made out like a bandit! People are so pushy and rushed thou!!! Im thinking I should stuff some toys away so she forgets she has them and pull them out later as I stuff others away so they always seem new. I think 3 toy boxes is too much for a 1year old. How many poeples one year olds were pointing and using words? The mommy magazines keep telling me to incourage poiting. shes waving hi and bye and come here so thats a start...
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I always put about half the toys away at any time, new or not. I do just what you said, and rotate them.

I honestly don't remember about pointing and saying words, it seems like thats when they starting pointing a lot and making sounds but I can't remember if they were necessarily words.
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Glad she made out well on her birthday!! We have waaaay too many toys but I think your idea of rotation is great!

As for talking, Brooke could say several words by the age of one (and hasn't shut up since!). We always did a lot of pointing to items and naming them. We did the exact same things with Madison and she didn't say anything but dada until almost 15 months. All kids are different!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0108 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]