Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Single and frustrated
Nikki101
Posted: May 31 2005, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,946

Hello everyone,

I am new at this so I don't know if I am doing this right or not but I am a single mother of a 3.5 yr old and up until now I thought i was doing okay but now I am not sure.

Looking to touch base with some other parents and see what there ideas and tactics are for surviving.

Nikki

--------------------
Nikki
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Jamielou
Posted: May 31 2005, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

~ laney bug ~

Member No.: 1,829

Hi wavey.gif , my name is Jamie I have a 14 month old and an 8 year old. I was a single parent for 4 years with carley so i know how frustrating it can be...Hope you like it here. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Nikki101
Posted: May 31 2005, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

thank you,

I am sure I will. Did you find it hard being a single parent and dating? This is the dilema I am in now...lol not sure if I want to do this and how can you take time for yourself to do that???

wacko.gif

Nikki

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Nikki
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

Jamielou
Posted: May 31 2005, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

~ laney bug ~

Awww she is cute i wanted carley to do gym but it was to far of a drive for us. Yes it was hard to date. My ex-husband would get carley every other weekend so i did have time for myself then that is when i would do things with friends date or anything like that. It was nice sometimes i would just sit around and read all day and not even turn the t.v. on. Do you have family around to help you? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyXsTwo
Posted: May 31 2005, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,398

Hello! Nice to meet you. My name is Stephanie, 20, and up until about a month ago I was a single mama of my 2 kids. It was hard at times, but other times it was fun. Mama time with your kids is so precious, but it is nice to have help, too. Do you have family to help you out around there?
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
ferocity302
Posted: May 31 2005, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,230

Wow, I remember that feeling so well. I was one that jumped from one relationship to another (and they were not good ones) just because I didn't want to be alone. It wasn't until about a year ago I decided after the last relationship that I was not going to do that.

It was tough... lots of tears and feeling alone but I knew I had to work on me first before I could find someone worth having. I kept hearing my friends and family telling me...... stop looking and it will happen and it did! A little over 4 months ago I found a wonderful guy by accident!

It is tough but we are here for you and keep up the good work!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Nikki101
Posted: May 31 2005, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Thank you for your response.

No I don't have family really close by they are like 3 hours away, I am now arranging to have my daughter go there once a month for the weekend so that way I get the time to myself.

I have dated a few guys but I think it was just the loneliness setting in and not wanting to do everything on my own.

Now I am at the point where I don't know if I want to date anymore because I don't think I can handle the yes no situation and having to possibly explain everything all over again.

I haven't been in the best relationships in the past and the one with my daughters father is a messed up situation but now after 3 years i have put my foot down and don't allow him to do the yo yo thing to her or me anymore so I am very proud that I had that strength.

There is just so much tension and distrust I find when I do happen to start dating because of what went on in past relationships.

And just to sum it up for you my daughters father and I were together for 5 years and then I was pregnant and he decided to take off and then come to find out I wasn't the only one in his life, My "ex" best friend was too. So that made things even more difficult because I lost my best friend at the same time.

Anyways here I am today and I don't know about everyone else but at times I feel like I am barely holding my head above water.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Nikki
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Jamielou
Posted: May 31 2005, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

~ laney bug ~

I am sorry to hear about your situation, I felt that way too you just have to keep looking up it will get better for you. I agree the yo yo thing with your daughter isnt a good thing. My ex did that for a while. And will probably do it again. who knows. It did get lonely and the only thing kept me going was carley. I think dateing is stressfull all the way around. I went back to school and took a few night classes and took up some time and got me out of the house to meet some people and make some friends. Does your little one go to daycare? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

Hey! Welcome! My name is Shelly(29) i am a single mom to a 2.5 year old girl..jenna. I went throuigh a yo-yo realtionship with my ex and i had to finally tell him i had enough and that my emotions are not to be played with like that! He is still in my life but just as a friend and for jenna more so! He can be a butt 99 percent o f the time and nice 1 percent of the time...LOL... he does help me financially and i have to fight with himt o help emotionally! I recently met someone who is also a single dad with a sion jens age. We have been dateing for 1 month now! I use to think i would never meet someone because of jenna and that i would be alone for the rest of my life. But with a nudge from my sister i met Grant! he is so sweet and adores jenna as if she is his. which now has put jealousy into the picture from my ex... if you need to chat or vent im here you acn also email me at stalma@shaw.ca

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
mizraim
Posted: Jun 27 2005, 02:53 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,096

hard times and fun times are a continuing process..just hang on here..wink.gif

--------------------
mizraim
Anatomy is destiny
PMEmail Poster
c0mplexual
Posted: Jul 2 2005, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,125

I know exactly how you feel hun. It seems like ever since my son's father and i broke-up, i cant seem to get into a stable relationship. Its just my son and i most of the time (pretty much ALL the time) although i DO have family around to help me out a lot. (i have NO help and/or contact with my son's father).

It seems as though every man i've dated has lasted a month, IF that. I'm also finding it really difficult to maintain a personal life as well as be a single mama.

All i can do is think.."things WILL get easier".

Best of luck with your dating life. smile.gif

--------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mom2three
  Posted: Jul 26 2005, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,229

Being a Single Parent is HARD! Got three Older kids- ages 19, 16, and 8. It will get easier. I am lucky that I have a "decent" relationship with my ex... but he isn't all I wish he was for the kids. Money can't buy love... you know.
Anyway, don't rush things! Spend time with your kids, know yourself better. It will all come!
e

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0327 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]