Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> doctors
raven092177
Posted: Feb 4 2010, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,931

ok so today i had a doctors appointment to get my back x-rayed and try to find out what's wrong with it. of course the do the standard weigh you, how tall are you and all that other jazz. so while asking me various questions about my back and how i injured it he goes on to state "well you do know you're quite a bit overweight." huh.gif uumm let's see i just had a baby, i was on bed rest for most of my pregnancy and i have a back/hip injury that prevents me from doing a lot of physical exercise rolleyes.gif i mean seriously this is all in my file do they not read it?
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Feb 4 2010, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

On more than one occasion I have simply refused to get on the scale at my OB/GYN's office because of the nurse's snide remarks. She said it was medically "necessary" that I do that. I said "Great. Have the doc come out and explain to me why, when all you are going to do is look at at my hoo hoo, I need to step on a scale and I'll hop right on that puppy." Magic. Never stepped on it again until I was pregnant.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
raven092177
Posted: Feb 4 2010, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,931

i usually tell them not to tell me what the weight is. i had eating disorders as a teen/young adult and it tends to be the number on the scale that triggers it for me more than what size i am. even during my pregnancies i told them not to tell me the weight.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0111 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]