Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mini pill & breastfeeding, Dries up milk?
Cal&Camsmom
Posted: Apr 18 2003, 11:18 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 53

So, I'm supposed to start taking my mini pill. I haven't yet, I figured that I'll start in next week. But, I've heard people say that the pill dries up your milk. I'm kind of nervous about that since my daughter is only 6 weeks old & I'd like to bf her for a while. Is the mini pill different than the regular pill as far as drying up milk?

Jenn smile.gif

--------------------
Mom to 3 kids, including a pre-teen, a preschooler & a toddler! Also, a puppy, a cat & a bird

Wife to a WONDERFUL husband :)

"I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask 'Mother, what was war?' -Eve Merriam"

Photobucket
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 19 2003, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I am not sure what the mini pill is...but, I do know that there is a birth control pill that you can take that is specifically for BF Mommies. I would ask your OB.

P.S. Love the baby pic!!! SOOOO cute! wub.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Cal&Camsmom
Posted: Apr 19 2003, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 53

That is the mini pill! smile.gif It's for bf mommies! smile.gif

Jenn smile.gif

--------------------
Mom to 3 kids, including a pre-teen, a preschooler & a toddler! Also, a puppy, a cat & a bird

Wife to a WONDERFUL husband :)

"I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask 'Mother, what was war?' -Eve Merriam"

Photobucket
PMEmail Poster

supermom
Posted: Apr 20 2003, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

I never had a problem with taking BC and BF at the same time - I even did the shots and didn't have a lick of trouble with supply (even at 6 weeks). If you are doing the mini-pill, you shouldn't have any problems with supply, just keep up that BF........ smile.gif (we're still BF at 3 yrs - giggle)

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
dhoppygirl
  Posted: Apr 21 2003, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 52

I am also on the minipill and BF and definately have not had any trouble with my milk supply!! I think it is the other pills, with the other hormone in them that dries a person up!
Good luck and you baby is gorgeous!

--------------------
Dawn
Mom to Peyton 9/23/2002, Sydney 3/30/2004 and Connor 11/15/2005
PMEmail PosterYahoo
msjennbug
Posted: Apr 25 2003, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 113

I've been on pg, new baby and nursing boards for going on 6yrs now. In that time frame I have heard many moms on each board for my different babies complain that the mini-pill significantly decreased their milk production. Some to the point of switching to formula. Each person is different, and it may not affect you at all. Or it could. There's no way to know w/o taking it. Is it a risk you're willing to take? is the question.

Jenn (who'll skip the speech about how the mini-pill only actually prevents ovulation 45% of the time and what makes it work the other 55%) biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]