Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Um...totally stupid question, Do they get 9 month check-ups??
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

ohmy.gif If they do, I forgot. Aubrey is 10 months, I don't know what made me think about this. I sort of remember Hanna going in at 9 months, but I'm not certain.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Bamamom
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,297

Yep - Katie had her yesterday.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I'm pretty sure Ashley did, but to be honest I don't remember. I'd have to go look at her baby book. blush.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

blush.gif blush.gif Oh geez, I'm almost positive Hanna did now that I really think about it. I'm going to call her ped's office...I'm going to be so embarrassed. In my defense, I've had a lot going on lately but I still feel awful for not taking her. She also just got over being sick about 2 weeks ago too, I know they say you shouldn't take them when they don't feel good, so if my ped asks that is what I am going to tell him, she was just there like 2 1/2 weeks ago for a sick visit, she had an infection tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 17,840

It's not that big of a deal if they miss one. Abby's seen the doctor only twice; once as a newborn, once at 6 months, and that's enough for me.

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM
MoonMama
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

Yep they do.
PM
moped
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I don't have any idea - guess I better find that out too - ugh it all happens so darn fast! ohmy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

tongue.gif Alyssa did!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
moped
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 6 2008, 04:13 PM)
It's not that big of a deal if they miss one. Abby's seen the doctor only twice; once as a newborn, once at 6 months, and that's enough for me.

Why Mollie? Just curious. I always like to take them for reassurance if nothing else.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

At our Dr's. its optional - they pretty much let us set our own schedule for how often we like for them to be seen. I think I skipped the 9 month for Madison but I don't really remember. blush.gif
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

It's optional at ours too - the do shots at 2, 4, 6, and 12 months. I could bring them in just for a check up but I figured why bother when the ped says the same thing every single time we're there. tongue.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Bamamom
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Member No.: 3,297

Katie actually got one shot - the Hep B - but we didn't have that one done in the hospital as our ped would rather it be given in his office at the one week checkup.

I don't think it's a big deal other than if her shots (if you vaccinate) got out of order or something - and I think you have an 8 week window with those so it would still be alright as long as you got her in soon.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (moped @ Mar 6 2008, 05:53 PM)
It's not that big of a deal if they miss one.  Abby's seen the doctor only twice; once as a newborn, once at 6 months, and that's enough for me.

Why Mollie? Just curious. I always like to take them for reassurance if nothing else.

Money is a factor; we can't afford the co-pay every other month. I just think it's unnecessary too; I can tell she's healthy & happy. If I was worried about something, of course I'd get it checked out. We are not vaxing her (or the others), so it seems pointless to go.

Abby only went those 2 times because DH wanted her to. Our midwife checked her out at birth, then Day 3, Day 10, and then at 6 weeks. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered going at all.

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
PM
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Both boys had a 9 month check up. I was always curious to know what percentile they were in. biggrin.gif I write it all down in their baby books too. I never was worried anything was wrong, but I always like to be reassured that everything is. I highly respect and love my boy's ped. A friend of mine would have lost her baby had she not taken her child in at a checkup (I think it was his 3 month). His brain was rapidly growing wrong and she thought nothing of his big head. They ended up doing brain surgery and now has to wear a helmet for a year. Had she not gone, who knows what could have happened. It was the doctor that pointed it out. Nothing like that has ever happened to us thank God, but I'm glad we go regularly in case there is something wrong that I am unaware of. Also, I like someone telling me how smart they think my kids are. laugh.gif

LeaAnn, don't be too worried. A lot of people get their apointments in late. Just call and they will sqeeze you in when they can. I think one of my daycare girls had her 3 year check up about 6 months after her 3rd birthday. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Boo&BugsMom on Mar 7 2008, 07:39 AM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Mar 7 2008, 09:37 AM)
Both boys had a 9 month check up. I was always curious to know what percentile they were in. biggrin.gif I write it all down in their baby books too. I never was worried anything was wrong, but I always like to be reassured that everything is. I highly respect and love my boy's ped. A friend of mine would have lost her baby had she not taken her child in at a checkup (I think it was his 3 month). His brain was rapidly growing wrong and she thought nothing of his big head. They ended up doing brain surgery and now has to wear a helmet for a year. Had she not gone, who knows what could have happened. It was the doctor that pointed it out. Nothing like that has ever happened to us thank God, but I'm glad we go regularly in case there is something wrong that I am unaware of. Also, I like someone telling me how smart they think my kids are. laugh.gif

LeaAnn, don't be too worried. A lot of people get their apointments in late. Just call and they will sqeeze you in when they can. I think one of my daycare girls had her 3 year check up about 6 months after her 3rd birthday. laugh.gif

So your friend didn't notice anything wrong? She just ignored it?

I'm pretty in tune to my kids, and I could tell if something just wasn't right. It's called intuition, or "mother's instinct". I don't need an MD to know that my kids are fine.

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
PM
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 7 2008, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Mar 7 2008, 09:37 AM)
Both boys had a 9 month check up.  I was always curious to know what percentile they were in.  biggrin.gif I write it all down in their baby books too.  I never was worried anything was wrong, but I always like to be reassured that everything is.  I highly respect and love my boy's ped.  A friend of mine would have lost her baby had she not taken her child in at a checkup (I think it was his 3 month).  His brain was rapidly growing wrong and she thought nothing of his big head.  They ended up doing brain surgery and now has to wear a helmet for a year.  Had she not gone, who knows what could have happened.  It was the doctor that pointed it out.  Nothing like that has ever happened to us thank God, but I'm glad we go regularly in case there is something wrong that I am unaware of.  Also, I like someone telling me how smart they think my kids are.  laugh.gif

LeaAnn, don't be too worried.  A lot of people get their apointments in late.  Just call and they will sqeeze you in when they can.  I think one of my daycare girls had her 3 year check up about 6 months after her 3rd birthday.  laugh.gif

So your friend didn't notice anything wrong? She just ignored it?

I'm pretty in tune to my kids, and I could tell if something just wasn't right. It's called intuition, or "mother's instinct". I don't need an MD to know that my kids are fine.

No she didn't ignore it and she's a wonderful mother, it wasn't something you could tell just by looking at it. It just looked like he had a bigger head, which some people just do. Nobody thought anything of it. That's great you feel you don't need an MD, but it's reassuring to know that many end up saving lives, and it most certainly doesn't mean anyone who uses one has any less maternal instincts.

This post has been edited by Boo&BugsMom on Mar 7 2008, 07:58 AM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Mar 7 2008, 10:37 AM)

Yeah, I think the reason I wasn't really thinking about it is because she doesn't get any vaccinations this time around. I'm positive now that Hanna had one. I am going to make an appt soon, probably this coming Wed. DH can take her, I can't take anymore time off work unless it's absolutely necessary. Desiree has too many competitions coming up that we're off work for. I'm off the 28th for her Nashville trip (I'm off the 21st for Good Friday at my work biggrin.gif but that is a holiday and I'm getting Easter pics done that day so no doctors on picture day laugh.gif ) then I'm off April 4th, 7th and 8th for Tallahassee, FL and then again June 21st through 30th for Vegas. Our vacation starts over in May because of fiscal year but still....I've got one day left now until April 30th after I take all these days and I wanna save it as a "I need a day" day. Anyways, I'm blahblah.gif blahblah.gif way too much. I'm going to have DH take her next Wed. Man kids require a lot of vacation time laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

If she is not getting any vax this time, I'd almost wait until her yearly check-up... unless there is a specific issue you want to discuss. Or, are you planning on delaying her yearly check-up if you make an appointment this time? I'd check with your insurance as some require a specific amount of time between check-ups or they don't cover it.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Mar 7 2008, 10:10 AM)
Yeah, I think the reason I wasn't really thinking about it is because she doesn't get any vaccinations this time around. I'm positive now that Hanna had one. I am going to make an appt soon, probably this coming Wed. DH can take her, I can't take anymore time off work unless it's absolutely necessary. Desiree has too many competitions coming up that we're off work for. I'm off the 28th for her Nashville trip (I'm off the 21st for Good Friday at my work biggrin.gif but that is a holiday and I'm getting Easter pics done that day so no doctors on picture day laugh.gif ) then I'm off April 4th, 7th and 8th for Tallahassee, FL and then again June 21st through 30th for Vegas. Our vacation starts over in May because of fiscal year but still....I've got one day left now until April 30th after I take all these days and I wanna save it as a "I need a day" day. Anyways, I'm blahblah.gif blahblah.gif way too much. I'm going to have DH take her next Wed. Man kids require a lot of vacation time laugh.gif

OMG, I'm tired just reading that LeaAnn rolling_smile.gif ! I agree with Dee Dee; I'd just wait until her yearly check-up if there's nothing urgent going on.

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
PM
3xsthefun
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 227

Yes, they do. But since it optional here I think I'm going skip taking Ryan.
I'm just going wait until his 12 month checkup.

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 7 2008, 10:27 AM)
If she is not getting any vax this time, I'd almost wait until her yearly check-up... unless there is a specific issue you want to discuss. Or, are you planning on delaying her yearly check-up if you make an appointment this time? I'd check with your insurance as some require a specific amount of time between check-ups or they don't cover it.

I agree. Even if she were to get vac's, you can always delay them or they can do them another time. It'd really not a big deal since her year check up is probably pretty close anyways.

--------------------
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

My boys had a 9 month well-baby checkup, but no vax at that time. Then they went in at 12 months. I wouldn't stress over it. If she was just in for a cold, then I would feel okay that she skip the next couple months.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 7 2008, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (moped @ Mar 6 2008, 05:53 PM)
It's not that big of a deal if they miss one.  Abby's seen the doctor only twice; once as a newborn, once at 6 months, and that's enough for me.

Money is a factor; we can't afford the co-pay every other month. I just think it's unnecessary too; I can tell she's healthy & happy. If I was worried about something, of course I'd get it checked out. We are not vaxing her (or the others), so it seems pointless to go.

Abby only went those 2 times because DH wanted her to. Our midwife checked her out at birth, then Day 3, Day 10, and then at 6 weeks. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered going at all.

Right - I keep forgetting about the co pay thing!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
:.Mrs_Mommy.:
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 18,118

My kids only go to the dr when they are sick. Their vacs are done at the WIC office (I'm not on WIC, neither are my kids but it is cheaper there).

Kyla hasn't been to the dr for almost a year, she had strep last time we went. Lily hasn't been in at least 6 mos and Aaron went to ER in Novemer.

I know when my kids are sick and don't want to go to dr for them to tell me what I already know. It's all personal preference.

--------------------
~Kalli~

Mommy to:
Aaron Joseph 01.20.00
Lily Ann Marie 04.03.01
Kyla Raye 05.25.04

Photobucket

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0338 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]