Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Chocolate covered blueberries...
lesliesmom
  Posted: Sep 5 2008, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,484

.... and noses don't mix.

My DCP called me to tell me Lindsay (2) had gotten a chocolate covered blueberry stuck up her nose. She said she tried to get it but the only thing she was getting was chocolate running out of her nose. Apparently, she was eating them and sneezed, well I guess one was stuck on her hand and she went to wipe her nose and up the darn thing went. Needless to say, we had to go to the doctors office to get the darn thing out. Thankfully, she behaved very well and it was out in about 30 seconds....

I was a little concerned about it earlier as I have never experienced the "foreign object" up the nose with my other 2 kids but now that I've calmed down I'm thinking that's pretty darn funny. Should've kept the blueberry and put it in her scrapbook when I had the chance (the doctor did offer it to me).

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
cameragirl21
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

glad she's ok. hug.gif
you know, my mom told me this funny story about how I got a cherry pit up my nose when I was about the same age as Lindsay. My mom tried to get it out but she just ended up pushing it deeper and she said I went from crying like crazy to turning blue, which I don't really get because it was only one nostril and I should have been able to breathe thru my mouth just fine, I guess I panicked and started turning blue. My mom didn't know what to do so she grabbed the pepper shaker and put some pepper in my face...I sneezed and out popped the cherry pit.

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I always hear about the story where My mom stuck a pea up her nose when she was little and they had to take her to the dr to have it removed.
PMEmail Poster

lesliesmom
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

On my way from work to the daycare to check on her I called the doctor's office and they told me to try and get her to sneeze with some pepper. I had a handful of it, tried getting her to just sniff it, blew it in her face, everything... after 5 minutes of inhaling pepper practically she never sneezed so I had to take her in.

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
redchief
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

It's amazing what kids will put up there! Ricky took a kid to the hospital a few weeks ago who had stuffed a dime up her nose. Guess what she said when they asked her why she did that.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Sep 5 2008, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

When Colt was about two, he was imitating DH when he's sick and sticks a piece of tissue up his runny nose rolleyes.gif Colts went all the way up though and we didn't know about it until a few days later when something didn't smell right laugh.gif

I'm glad it came out ok hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 05:29 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

Zander did green pepper wink.gif he wanted to know what it smelled like.

Hey Ed, i'll bite, what was the reason?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
msoulz
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Poor kid! And what a sad waste of chocolate . .. tongue.gif

I stuck a peanut from Cracker Jacks up my nose somewhere around 3 or 4 years old and my dad call it his $600 peanut because that was the cost of having it surgically removed. blush.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (redchief @ Sep 5 2008, 11:24 PM)
It's amazing what kids will put up there! Ricky took a kid to the hospital a few weeks ago who had stuffed a dime up her nose. Guess what she said when they asked her why she did that.

What? I'm curious now. laugh.gif

My little brother (who is 24 now) stuck a green bean up his nose when he was little and had to be taken to the doctor to get it out. We still tease him and laugh about it now.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
redchief
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

QUOTE (ZandersMama @ Sep 6 2008, 09:29 AM)
Zander did green pepper wink.gif he wanted to know what it smelled like.

Hey Ed, i'll bite, what was the reason?

The same answer we almost always get, "I don't know." blink.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
stella6979
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

I once had a popcorn seed stuck up my nose. I have no idea what was going through my mind, but I went ahead and crammed it up there. I didn't want to tell my parents so I tried and tried until my nose bled but couldn't get it out. I finally decided to tell my parents and after a full night of blowing my nose, it was out!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Sep 6 2008, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Right before Russell was was born Mckaylee had a runny nose...It started to have a smell to it and it was totally grossing me out so I took her to the ped. He told me it was an infection and it would clear up. Right after Russell was born McKaylee had to go to the ER for a high fever and I had them look at her too while I was there...They told me it was an infection too and it would run it's course. The smell in the meantime was getting worse.

Fast forward 2 months with this smelly nose. I kept asking her ped and he kept saying it would clear up. I went in to have a kidney stone broken up and I had dh take her over to their ER and sure enough...she had tons of cotton from a stuffed animal up her nose. It had also started to imbed itself in her nose and when they pulled it out it bled like crazy. I walked in and it looked like someone had been masacred in there.

Moral of the story...if it smells....it's something up there. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0215 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]