Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What size is your child wearing?
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

And what is their age?

I have gone clothes shopping for Kylie over the past week and am floored at the sizes she's wearing. Almost to the point I feel like maybe she IS in fact overweight. Or is it they are making clothes smaller? I dunno. I'm disturbed by it, though, and not sure why. blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

Well, Zander is 5.5 and is wearing a size ten in jeans for length, but the waist isnt that far off, he just barely needs a belt. Poor Zav, at 3.5, i'm afraid will be in a size two until he is ten.

What size is Kylie in?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
jcc64
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Corey, as you know, is 7.5 yrs, and mainly wears a 6 on top and a 5 on the bottom.
From your pics, I don't see Kylie as being at all overweight, Karen. Store sizing is just weird sometimes.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well I got Kylie size 10 in shorts and size 10/12 in shirts. Shirts are understandable because she has a very long torso. She also has long legs, but I didn't get the size 10 for that, it was for her waist!!! ohmy.gif I'm still in shock. Her cousin who is going to be 11 wears that size and she LOOKS chunky, Kylie does not.

Now in dresses I had to get a size 12/14, but that's for length. If I got her a size 8, her bum would definitely be showing, a size 10 her bum would almost be showing, so that's why we went with a 12/14 - we like her dresses to almost be to the knee or at least midway between her bum and her knees. happy.gif

I was always about spot on with sizes growing up, except I did have issues with length because I was so tall.

Megan is 5 and wears anywhere from 24 months (in shorts rolleyes.gif ) to size 5 in shorts. Very strange. Size 6 in shirts because she has a long torso and size 6 in dresses. Size 6 in dresses are a bit too long, but 5's are just almost too short. I know this child isn't overweight at all. She only weighs 36 pounds. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley is 7.5 yrs old and she wears:
--size 10/12 in shirts
--size 10/12 in dresses
--size 8 shorts, skorts. Size 10 fall off her waiste. I buy size 9 from gymboree and Justice, and it is perfect. But not many places sell size 9. Size 10 if they have adjustable waiste.
--size 10 pants for length, but I have to get the adjustable waiste to make them smaller or they fall off her waist. Sometimes I can find an 8 tall, or 10 slim, but those are hard to find.
--size 3 shoes

These of course are averages, somethings are made smaller/bigger based on the brand.

From looking at your pictures, I think Ashley and Kylie are similar in size and build. I don't think she is over-weight at all.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I doubt she's overweight - she certainly doesn't look any bigger than normal in the picture in your signature. Store sizes can vary so much. Allie just turned three and it wearing anything from 24 months to 4T. She's always been a little small, and is just now starting to fit into most 3T stuff, but she has a sweatshirt that I had to get her a 4 in because the 3 was too short in the waist. huh.gif And when I buy her clothes at Old Navy I always have to buy a size up, because their stuff runs so dang skinny that even my skinny little 3 year old without an ounce of fat on her doesn't fit into it. rolleyes.gif But Andrew on the other hand, ALWAYS wears a size up from his age except for in the summer right after his birthday. I start buying him the next size up in the fall - i.e. 3 months after he turned 4 last year I started having to buy him 5T clothes - right now he is wearing a mix of 5T and size 6, and he won't be 5 until June. I bought him a size 5 long sleeve shirt at Old Navy last winter that is super tight on him, but I just bought him a pair of Old Navy shorts in a 5T that are a little too big. tongue.gif

Anyways, it sounds like the main reason you have to buy so many sizes up is for her height. And as for the shorts that you had to buy in a size 10 for her waist, it could be a combination of her just being built a little thicker, and the sizes running a little small maybe.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well I know she has a big booty like her mom. tongue.gif blush.gif Of course I'd never tell her that, but she is just a bit thicker there in the bum region than most. happy.gif So maybe that's what it is. IDK. I'm just afraid soon we'll be out of kid sizes at this rate and then what kind of clothes will we have to buy? rolleyes.gif It's already bad enough that dresses seem so short these days and shorts O-M-G they are so short these days. When we were shopping Ryan looked at me holding up a pair of shorts and was like "OMG, do these even cover a butt cheek on kids these days?!" happy.gif rolleyes.gif So he quickly went and picked out cargo type shorts.

I'm just appalled at how some parents dress their kids these days. One of my friends sent her daughter in the shortest shorts to school the other day. OMG. I know kids are still innocent at this age, but if they are dressing this way at this age how are you going to keep them from dressing that way as teens? huh.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif sleep.gif

I never thought I'd be a prude about how my girls dress, lengths and such, but I am and probably always will be. happy.gif blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 15 2010, 10:35 AM)
Well I know she has a big booty like her mom. tongue.gif blush.gif Of course I'd never tell her that, but she is just a bit thicker there in the bum region than most. happy.gif So maybe that's what it is. IDK. I'm just afraid soon we'll be out of kid sizes at this rate and then what kind of clothes will we have to buy? rolleyes.gif It's already bad enough that dresses seem so short these days and shorts O-M-G they are so short these days. When we were shopping Ryan looked at me holding up a pair of shorts and was like "OMG, do these even cover a butt cheek on kids these days?!" happy.gif rolleyes.gif So he quickly went and picked out cargo type shorts.

I'm just appalled at how some parents dress their kids these days. One of my friends sent her daughter in the shortest shorts to school the other day. OMG. I know kids are still innocent at this age, but if they are dressing this way at this age how are you going to keep them from dressing that way as teens? huh.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif sleep.gif

I never thought I'd be a prude about how my girls dress, lengths and such, but I am and probably always will be. happy.gif blush.gif

Olivia is 9.5 and will be out of girl sizes by next year. There are decent clothes out there but you have to really shop for them. I've already bought her adult sized clothes occasionally. She is, however, much bigger in all respects than her cohorts. We found out at the orthodontist that her skeleton is actually a year ahead of her chronological age. LOL!

I highly recommend Hanna Andersson clothes. I get them either on sale on their website or for a fraction of the price on Ebay. They are beautiful, modest, wear like iron and have great resale value!

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Ben is just turning 7 and wears 6 pant and a 7 shirt. He is about 43? pounds I think
Al is just turing 4 and wears a 4 top, and a 2T-3T pant, I will put her in 4-5 dresses because I like them longer so her heiney doesn't hang out.
PM
moped
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Well Jack is almost 6 and wears anywhere from a 7-9 sizes in everything, but he is very tall and skinny.......so for length

Now Lil L on the other hand is a chunky one! She is 2 and wears a 4 in most things

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mom2Boyz
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 337

I've been wondering about this myself..
Conner is 6 and is wearing a size 10 in shorts, 10-12 in shirts and size 3 shoes. He's not really fat, he is really tall though. He's off the charts for height and in the 95th percentile for weight. He weighs about 70lbs. blush.gif

Caden on the other hand will be 5 in June and he can still wear a 24month/2t in shorts. He wears a 4T in pants and shirts and a 10 toddler shoes. He's an itty bitty guy. He only weighs 34lbs.

Lucas turned 2 in Jan and he is in a 2/3T everything. He and Caden can almost share clothes lol. Caden only outweighs him by about 5 lbs.

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
maestra
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

Jaci is 7, and wearing a 14-16. It's all because of her waist too. She doesn't look fat, just all her weight is in her belly area. The dr has never said anything about it at her visits, so I try not to worry, because my mom used to make fun of me at this stage, and it created a whole lot of eating problems with me. So I just try and remember that she will stretch and even out eventually.

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Wow, I am realizing just how small my son is!

Jake is 11 and in 10 in pants, 10/12 or youth large in shirts. He is bigger around than he is tall, has a bit more fat than he should but overall is like his dad, just broad. The doctor was amazed that he weighs as much as he does as he doesn't look it. I believe he is about 54 inches tall and weighs about 82 pounds. ETA he wears a size 4 shoe.

Erin is almost 4 1/2 and wears size 5. At last check she was 42 inches tall and 42 pounds. She wears size 10 shoes.

And both absolutely adorable at every minute of every day! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by msoulz on Apr 16 2010, 08:06 AM

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

yeah I agree she definitely is NOT fat but from i have seen in pictures she is pretty tall!!!
Alyssa is 6 and wears a 6 or 7, she just outgrew her six jeans (and I say just because she wore them two years in a row tongue.gif which is strange because she weighed 36 and 37 lbs this time last year and this year she was 47) she mostly outgrew them in her butt bless her she did NOT get her bottom from her momma tongue.gif although sometimes I wish she did emlaugh.gif .

Autumn is my "big" girl she weigh what alyssa did when she was 3 which is 28lbs ohmy.gif but she is REALLY tall 24 month stuff is too big in the waiste but she needs it for the length, except she needs 18month stuff for her torso. kids and sizing is SO weird!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

mckayleesmom
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I usually buy Mckaylee's pants either 5t or 5xsm and usually contain some kind of elastic waist to keep them up...Shorts she can wear all the way down to 3t...especially if they are capri's or cargo shorts. Shirts she usually wears anywhere from a 4t to 6s...and even some 6sm are too big. Dresses she can wear from 4t to 6...7 is usually way to big.

Russell is pretty much the same. He usually wears 5t pants with the elastic waste bands because he has no booty. Shirts are 5 to 6.

I don't see Kylie as overweight at all Karen. I think she is just tall.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0134 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]