Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Another reason I don't agree with, plastic surgery, this is terrible
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23808301/

How awful. I understand she had a malformation, but gosh I'm sure she would rather have an inverted areola rather than death. This is really sad bawling.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,840

sad.gif What a tragedy! And so young to go under the knife in the first place! My gosh, the pressure to be perfect is mind blowing.

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM
luvbug00
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

My gosh, the pressure to be perfect is mind blowing.

I agree but i don't think this was a case of "Barbie" vanity. i think she had self esteem issues and wanted to get this done to feel more normal. I would let my child do it if she were in the same cercomstance. let's be real, kids are physical at that age and she must have been tired of being insecure and avoided boys. The poor kid just wanted to be normal. It's very sad that it happened.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

QUOTE (luvbug00 @ Mar 26 2008, 04:29 PM)

I agree but i don't think this was a case of "Barbie" vanity. i think she had self esteem issues and wanted to get this done to feel more normal. I would let my child do it if she were in the same cercomstance. let's be real, kids are physical at that age and she must have been tired of being insecure and avoided boys. The poor kid just wanted to be normal. It's very sad that it happened.

I agree. The inverted areola maybe wasn't such a visible thing, but being asymmetrical, depending on how big the difference was, is definitely a reason why I feel a teen would be insecure about her appearance.
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

QUOTE (brookeandmadisonsmom @ Mar 26 2008, 05:43 PM)

I agree. The inverted areola maybe wasn't such a visible thing, but being asymmetrical, depending on how big the difference was, is definitely a reason why I feel a teen would be insecure about her appearance.

I'm not saying she wasn't insecure about it at all but it just goes to show you just never know, this isn't something she needed to have to live. Many people live with horrible deformities, she was a pretty girl, I'm sure she would be able to find a man to look past that, crooked boobs I mean come on. I guess I would rather teach my child that than to have them go under the knife. People have to have confidence in themselves. School is hard, kids are cruel, but as adults you don't really get made fun of as much, I think she would have found the adult world was probably much nicer to her and I'm sure a bra could help correct the assymetrical problem somewhat to the point where people probably didn't notice all that much. I don't know, I just still think she was far too young. Who knows, she was 18 she didn't need her parent's permission, maybe they did tell her it wasn't a good idea.

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

suffering a rare reaction to anesthesia medication she received during surgery

it sounds liek to me no matter what kinda sergury she could have died, and it was not nessairly becasue she had plastic sergury.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Mar 26 2008, 06:28 PM)

it sounds liek to me no matter what kinda sergury she could have died, and it was not nessairly becasue she had plastic sergury.

No you're right it wasn't, this is a case of they would have never known until she went in for surgery of some kind, BUT....that surgery wasn't necessary and more than likely as a healthy girl she wouldn't have had to have surgery throughout her adult life for the most part, so it was uncalled for and she died for no reason IMHO

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Mar 26 2008, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Mar 26 2008, 06:28 PM)

No you're right it wasn't, this is a case of they would have never known until she went in for surgery of some kind, BUT....that surgery wasn't necessary and more than likely as a healthy girl she wouldn't have had to have surgery throughout her adult life for the most part, so it was uncalled for and she died for no reason IMHO

These were my same thoughts when I saw it on tv this morning

Very sad sleep.gif

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 17,840

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Mar 26 2008, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (brookeandmadisonsmom @ Mar 26 2008, 05:43 PM)

I'm not saying she wasn't insecure about it at all but it just goes to show you just never know, this isn't something she needed to have to live. Many people live with horrible deformities, she was a pretty girl, I'm sure she would be able to find a man to look past that, crooked boobs I mean come on. I guess I would rather teach my child that than to have them go under the knife. People have to have confidence in themselves. School is hard, kids are cruel, but as adults you don't really get made fun of as much, I think she would have found the adult world was probably much nicer to her and I'm sure a bra could help correct the assymetrical problem somewhat to the point where people probably didn't notice all that much. I don't know, I just still think she was far too young. Who knows, she was 18 she didn't need her parent's permission, maybe they did tell her it wasn't a good idea.

thumb.gif Exactly my thoughts LeaAnn! This wasn't a NECESSARY life-threatening surgery. It was elective, therefore cosmetic. She could've been just fine without it, and she'd still be alive. She may never have needed any surgery in her life.

What a tragedy sleep.gif sad.gif .

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I understand what your saying and it is terribly sad that it happend so young, I just wonder if they used a different ansetheia than a more routine surgery. Does make you wonder if she had gone in for tonsiles if it woudl have happend as well, it the only example I can think of thats not life threating but most times very nessary.

over all very sad

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Mar 27 2008, 09:14 AM)
I understand what your saying and it is terribly sad that it happend so young, I just wonder if they used a different ansetheia than a more routine surgery. Does make you wonder if she had gone in for tonsiles if it woudl have happend as well, it the only example I can think of thats not life threating but most times very nessary.

over all very sad

I wonder that as well. I mean the media obviously publicizes deaths from anesthesia more on patients who go in for elective plastic surgery, probably not so much so on say a heart patient or tonsil patient etc...it isn't publicized. I wonder if they use a different anesthesia though for plastic surgery?

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

OMG thats awful!!!!! sad.gif

that could really happen to anyone when i was about 13 or so a kid that was 12 or 13 died because of an allerigic reaction to the anesthesia he was having his tonsils taken out sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Calimama
Posted: Mar 28 2008, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

How horrible!! sleep.gif
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted: Mar 29 2008, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

bawling.gif One more thing for me to be paranoid or worried about.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster

Boys r us
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Member No.: 378

That's so sad! I do understand why she would want to have it done..and it isn't like it was a typically life threatening surgery. Just goes to show that any surgery is dangerous, I think in today's world we forget that!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0160 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]