Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sleep deprivation.. Help!!
jessi
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 03:14 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,550

I have a one year old daughter named Taylor. Lately, (the last month or two) she had NOT been sleeping throught the night. She wakes up crying ususally around 1am, I give her a pacifier try to lay her back down. If that doesn't work, I will take her out of the crib and hold her until she falls asleep. Then around 2 or 3 am she is up again. Normally this time she is wide awake and will stay up for an hour or so. My husband and I have tried teething gels, baby tylenol, letting her cry (wich broke my heart couldn't do that for very long). The doc said her little gums are swollen but when she is up she does not seem to be in pain. She just wants to be up. Plus she still gets up no later than 730-800 in the morning and ifI am lucky she will take an hour long nap around luch time.
This can not be good for her or me. I am pregnant with twins and this is wearing me down. I just can not figure out what to do.
HELP!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by jessi on Sep 23 2005, 03:16 AM
PMEmail Poster
MomToMany
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 03:32 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

It's a normal part of their development. Their mind is going a million miles an hour experiencing & processing all sorts of new things. They don't want to miss anything.

When you take care of her at night, don't turn any lights on & whisper when you talk to her. Keep distractions to a minimum. She will soon understand that night is for sleeping. It might take a week to get her sleeping through the night, but hopefully it will be sooner.

HTH!
sunrosejenn
Posted: Nov 10 2005, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Jeannette ~ Mommy 2 Eliana

Group: Members
Member No.: 536

Eliana is the same way. she has 4 teeth and no more in site for now. she gets up 2-4 times a night and i get up 3-4 times a night just to pee myself (bladder issues might have to have surgery). i don't turn on the lights cuz i can't adjust to the light myself. i don't talk to her at all but I do hum a song. she does not like her back rubbed. she will fall asleep within 5 mins if you hold or rock her. i CAN'T do crying it out as with her reflux within 2 mins she will throw up if she gets mad or cries hard enough. she goes to bed at 9pm and gets up at 5am. if your luck you can get her to take a 1 hr nap during the day. i'm more tired now then when she was born. she will be 1 on Monday. sorry i'm of no help but do understand where you are coming from. i've tried alot fo things but nothing works.

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0138 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]