Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need help/suggestions, baby hates car rides
nik0le
Posted: Jun 3 2005, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,966

bawling.gif

My 3 month old baby girl absolutely hates the car.
As soon as we get her in the car she starts to cry histerically.
I have tried everything, toys, music, mirrors, pictures, rattles etc but nothing has worked to calm her. I've added extra cushion to her car seat and made sure that there is nothing pinching her. She cries from the time we leave the garage until we reach our destination, sometimes as long as 4 hours.

Most mothers I have asked say that their babies love the car ride and the humming soothes them. Not mine. Some people tell me just to let her cry it out and she will eventually stop but it has been months and she still contiues to cry.

Please if anyone knows why she is crying in the car or know of any tricks let me know.

Thank You!

Desperate Mom.
PMEmail Poster
Jamison'smama
Posted: Aug 4 2005, 02:54 AM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

I can only offer support--my 7 month old is just now beginning to be less insane in the car---and that's only if I don't put him in after 4:00pm---something about evenings makes him CRAZY. I did find it got a little better when I started using the larger carseat--as opposed to his carrier. I also found that timing is everything with him--he does okay (not great) if we leave in the morning just after I feed him and does sort of okay around 1:00 but afternoons are OUT. Maybe your daughter has an "okay" time as well.

I have heard all sorts of theories on why babies cry in the car--some have suggested that he is feeling motion sickness.

I have no idea why but I asked this same question here a few months ago.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Aug 4 2005, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Not sure if you're against this or not, but what about a paci? baby.gif I know some moms don't think it's a good method of solving the problem, but it worked for us. Wil never had a problem in the car, but I think when they're that little, they need something to soothe them. Or what about nursing her or giving her a bottle right before you leave? Does she calm down from the sound of your voice? I've even heard some babies like the sound of loud rock music!

idontknow.gif
I hope it gets better.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

angelhair
Posted: Aug 4 2005, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 247

hello, I sympathize. mine at one month old can cry nonstop during the day and it can be hard! the sound of running water sooths my little one. maybe you can tape sounds around the house that your little one likes and play it in the car. some babies calm down to running water or the sound of the vacum, whatever sounds sooth your baby around the house. good luck! love dee

--------------------
png" border=0>baby
PMEmail Poster
huggybugboy
Posted: Aug 5 2005, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

I love my snuggle bug!

Member No.: 1,953

I know theyre expensive, but what about a different car seat? My friends baby had the same problem and her car seat was too hard. But her baby also hated having all the cushioning around her head. idontknow.gif I hope it gets better for you! hug.gif

--------------------
Katie & Josh: Married 7.14.01
Mommy and Daddy to: Miles Benjamin, born 3.28.05

I've been splatted!
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

My daughter gets that way on long car rides also. So, my husband and I tag team her. laugh.gif One person drives and the other sits in the back seat with her, plays with her, sings to her, feeds her. Basically, entertains the baby. Then, when we have to stop for potty breaks we trade. It's really helped.

Short car rides aren't really a problem, unless she's hungry. then I give her a juice cup or a cracker to keep her busy.

Since your babe is 3 months old, they have these bottles called "Podee". Basically, it's a bottle with a straw and a nipple. They're ok to use (be careful of leaks) if you need to calm her with a bottle while you drive. If the bottle/nipple leaks, just use some plummers tape to fix it. smile.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0289 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]