Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Shelly
~Roo'sMama~
  Posted: Jun 27 2008, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

Did you do weight watchers online, or did you go to meetings? I've been thinking of doing it weight watchers but I think that online is my only option right now because of money. The online plan is cheaper than the meeting plans, and there aren't any meetings in my small town so I'd have to drive to get to them and that costs money too. rolleyes.gif I'm worried that doing it online might not be as effective so I was wondering what you did. happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

I go to the meetings. well I try to. there are times i just weigh in and go. You can do it both ways I think and get success. Just know your tools and points and go from there.. if you need help let me know...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Ok thanks! Maybe if you sometimes aren't even staying for the meeting, doing it online would work ok for me. unsure.gif The thing that confuses me is how do I figure out how many points some of the things we eat are, like tater tot hotdish and shepherd's pie and stuff like that that's all mixed together. tongue.gif

Dh's work does this program called Simply Well (I think a lot of employers do it now) and they'll reimburse you up to $150 for exercise equipment, and $150 for a weight loss program. Spouses qualify this year if they go and do the health screening, so I'm going to do that on July 15th and then hopefully I can sign up for WW. happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM

cameragirl21
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

just fyi, the points calculation for ww is:
(calories/50)+(fat/12)-(fiber or 4 whichever is smaller/5)
I'm not on ww but I know that is the calculation. happy.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jun 27 2008, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

or here is the site that will do the math for you...I know it helped me LOL

WW

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Ugh, I HATE counting calories! How am I supposed to figure out how many points it is if I don't even know how many calories are in it? wacko.gif tongue.gif I was looking at the Fiber 35 diet too, and you have to count calories for that too. My hotdishes that I just throw together without a recipe don't have the nutrition facts written anywhere on them. tongue.gif

--------------------

PM
lovemy2
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I am pretty sure Shelly is going to meetings - not really sure but I have done it both ways and the meetings DEFINATELY work better - BUT - if you do the online you can go to the meetings you just can't weigh in KWIM? Maybe you can do the online and try to get to one or two meetings a month to help out.....I have belonged to the online for awhile it never seems to work - I am thinking of heading back to the meetings because I know it works so much better........

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]