Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What should i do
motherofthreeteens
  Posted: May 19 2007, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,332

well for a couple of months now my two daughters and I have been comming home and finding our clothing out of place at first we thought it was maybe the cats but we weren't sure so we set up a camera and I saw that my 15 year son is going into the rooms and playing in the clothing. He puts it on and dances around in them he also models in front of the mirror. I didn't say any thing thinking that it would all blow over but it hasn't on friday his sisters caught him in there prom dresses he was wearing the whole outfit from the underware to the makeup. Then on saturday i came home to him wearing his sisters ballet costume he had on the tights and the leotard and the tutu with ballet slippers.

what is going on ?
what should i do?
please if anyone can help they can leave a post or e-mail me at tophernl01@hotmail.com
thank you
PMEmail Poster
indywndy_04
Posted: May 21 2007, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

mom of 4 wonderful kids!!!

Member No.: 11,288

If that is what he is interested in, you can't stop him. When there is a will, there is a way.

You might want to have a sit down and find out what is going on and why he feels the need to dress up like a girl. Is this the first you have know about his tendencies? Has he never had a girlfriend in the past, only male friends??

--------------------
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
amymom
Posted: May 21 2007, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I do not know what you should do, but I do think if you talk to him you will find out what is happening.

wavey.gif Welcome to the boards. Good Luck to you.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

luvbug00
Posted: May 21 2007, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

i agree with above post but i'm going to go one step further and ask a no answers needed question.

how do you feel about this?

because the whole "stiuation" will go in the direction you send it.

that being said if it were my son ( and i am all for personal expression no matter the gender, sexual preferance , whatever) I'd buy him some clothes of his own and let him do as he sees fit. but like i said that's just me.

good luck!

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
ZandersMama
Posted: May 21 2007, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

QUOTE (happymom @ May 21 2007, 03:51 PM)
i agree with above post but i'm going to go one step further and ask a no answers needed question.

how do you feel about this?

because the whole "stiuation" will go in the direction you send it.

that being said if it were my son ( and i am all for personal expression no matter the gender, sexual preferance , whatever) I'd buy him some clothes of his own and let him do as he sees fit. but like i said that's just me.

good luck!

iagree.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
basilbird
Posted: Sep 23 2007, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 15,824

You set up a camera?
Does he know that you taped him? Have you talked to him about it?

I don't know a lot about this, but I'm inclined to think it's not necessarily that big a deal. My nephew used to like to dress up like a girl when he was much younger. Now he's in college, seems to be heterosexual, but who really knows. All I know is that his parents never over-reacted about it, they just let him be whoever he needed to be. He's happy, well adjusted, and doing just fine.

PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Sep 24 2007, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I wouldn't mention to him that you set up the camera (as a matter a fact get rid of the evidence right away, as it might embarrass him although there is no reason to be). It sounds as if he's experimenting or maybe there's more to it.

Either way he needs to be spoken to and reminded about respecting his sisters property at the very least, assuming that this bothers them.

Otherwise I see no problem with it.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0133 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]