Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> PascosGirl, didn't you say you taught dance?
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 24 2005, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Hey! I remember you mentioning in another post that you taught hip hop? Is this right? I used to dance a lot throughout junior high and high school. I was always on drill teams and cheerleading and sometimes took classes. It's been years since I've been in a class, besides Kickboxing and aerobics type stuff at the gym, but I would love to get back into it. I LOVE TO DANCE! But I don't get the chance very often...meaning I don't go out to clubs anymore. So I was thinking of taking a dance class. My gym had hip hop classes a year ago and everyone in class was shocked at how well I picked it up. The instructor LOL even asked me out...to go dancing!! I said no of course. Anyway, I would love to take hip hop but I'm scared to death!! I know the dance moves have changed a lot from 10 (or more) years ago. I am such a perfectionist and when it comes to dancing, especially hip hop, I would probably rather not try than fail. Isn't that awful??? Just wondering if you have any suggestions on how to get back into it. I suppose the best advice is to JUST GO! But what should I expect when I get there? Ya know...I don't want to be the oldest one in there LOL. You gotta remember I used to do the roger rabbit and snake...hahahhahaaaaaaaaaa! But I can typically pick new things up pretty well, plus it's not like it's been ten years since I've gone out dancing. When I do go out, I get compliments...so what's the deal?

I confess, I laugh at myself because I watch MTV and love to watch people dance. It's sorta my little secret...although my sister says she and all her mommy friends watch it too!! Will I be the only one without a belly button piercing in class? laugh.gif And probably the only one with baby stretch marks??? I'm only laughing at myself...My DH caught me dancing in the kitchen last night (after a couple drinks) and he suggested I just go. I need a little encouragment...I'M SCARED!!! partydance.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0148 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]