Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My oldest
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 12 2011, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,218

daughter was recently diagnosed with Autism by the school psychologist. I've pretty much been in denial about it. Thought that SPD was what was causing her delays and such. Especially since she was tested for Autism 3-4x before.

It was made "real" for me today. I always hear about autistic kids freaking out to change. I thought not her because she had always adjusted immediately when we have moved the 5000 times since she's been born. But today was different.

My friend is remodeling her living room. Daughter hasn't been over there in about 3 months because she has been spending a lot of time over grandmas this year. She asked me where we were going because she recognized that we weren't heading home. I told her we are going to S's house, she said ok. She recognized the house and asked about their dog (she's terrified of dogs). So I figured all is well.

We walk into the house and she immediately began to freak out and had a meltdown. She cried and cried with her hands over her ears which was odd because she usually only did that when she is expecting a loud noise. I couldn't get her to calm down so I apologized to my friend and we left.

As soon as we were in the car and driving down the road she was fine. And now I'm so heartbroken. It hurt me so bad to see her go through that. I guess you really do go through the stages of grief when your child is diagnosed with something. I always thought it was not accurate, but so far it is for me. Unless it's supposed to be sadness first then denial? Guess it doesn't matter...

This is hard sad.gif

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Jun 12 2011, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

hug.gif hug.gif It is very hard. And you will get out of denial, have sadness, go back into denial and back to sadness. I have a close friend who comes to me and she has great days and bad days and she's known for several years now. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
ZandersMama
Posted: Jun 14 2011, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

hugs to you mama its a hard diagnosis to come to terms with. im still muddleing through it. how old is your daughter?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,218

QUOTE (ZandersMama @ Jun 14 2011, 04:07 PM)
hugs to you mama its a hard diagnosis to come to terms with. im still muddleing through it. how old is your daughter?

She turns 8 early July.

And yes, it's hard to accept. The other day I was talking with her and it seem like nothing was wrong with her. But I am not dumb and know that at any moment she will do something like freak out and it will all come back.

The school really has been wonderful. I hope she has a better experience this coming year so I don't have to worry too much about that. I'm a natural worrier, though. I just turned 27 and have found a few gray hairs already because of my worrying personality bawling.gif lol.

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0220 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]