Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bruising, How do you know if its not normal??
siblingtooolivia
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,442

My 4 year old seems to bruise very easily...I know bruises on a toddler is VERY normal and that they bump and bang around alot but everyday she seems to end up with a nasty purple/red bruise on her shins mostly or sometimes her lower arms, but mostly only on her legs. She gets more at school - I have no fear of where they are coming from at school - they are always on her shins and I know it is from the playground, etc. but how do you know whether or not the bruising is abnormal or excessive and should be investigated?

She is VERY tiny, turned 4 in June and weighs in at a whopping 32 lbs...not a speck of fat on her......could that be why???

--------------------
Christine, wife to Dave 9/29/01, Mom to Olivia 6/7/02 and Dylan 12/16/06

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

32lbs is nothing to frown over. I would say she's prone to bruising the way she does because she's on the thinner side. Especially on the shines where you hit the bone right away.

Is she scared to go to school? Does she like to go? Does she act out of place when it's time to go? These are questions to ask yourself before you start to worry. Chances are it really is nothing more then a kid being a kid.

Robbie is always getting banged up, and has no idea where it comes from, and he's 11. So even it continues to happen, you're going to continue to be clueless as to how.

I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about though. hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

well some kids just bruise easy. Jenna is this way as well and i am too. she has tons of bruises. If you notice bruises in wierd spots that they shouldnt be getting them, then it needs to be investigated. She may be low in iron and vitamin C...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

PrairieMom
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Poor Ben is a walking bruise. I know his are all becuase he is a crazy nut tho.
PM
siblingtooolivia
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,442

OK, that makes me feel better and NO, I don't have ANY reservations about her school, she absolutely loves it and so do I. The bruises like I said are not in wierd spots or anything like that, 99% of the time they are on her shins, my guess is from the playground, etc....she is a stumbler when she gets tired so I know how much she runs into things, etc....and they always heal, etc. quickly. I just wondered how you knew if maybe she bruises easily, etc. I was asking more from a medical standpoint than a fear of her being abused, etc....!!!!

--------------------
Christine, wife to Dave 9/29/01, Mom to Olivia 6/7/02 and Dylan 12/16/06

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

I know how you feel... when we first moved to Quebec last year, I had a gorilla babysitter who came to my place to watch my kids...and all of a sudden, the kids seemed to have a heck of a lot more bruises on them... I had reservations about her... but they still have bruises now...1 1/2 years later... so whatever... lol

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0143 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]