Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Breastfeeding and conceiving
kit_kats_mom
  Posted: May 3 2003, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

Supermom has proven that it can be done...but how?

I conceived my 8mo DD by BBT charting. We want to space our kids about 2 years apart which means that we should start trying again around 7 months from now. I plan to breastfeed DD until she is 1 year old then my plan is to s-l-o-w-l-y wean her to nighttime/naptime nursings only as more solids are introduced. This is assuming she EVER gets teeth! rolling_smile.gif

Anyway, can you chart while breastfeeding? I still havent had AF visit biggrin.gif Any other conception tips? Any suggestions on how to get "in the mood" when you are a human gym/pacifier/vending machine for the other 23 hours in a day? Otherwise there will be no more babies...ever! rolleyes.gif poor dh...sigh

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 3 2003, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

lol

I wasn't bfeeding, sorry!!! lol!!!

I have NO idea. With us it was just...well.... do the deed every second day between AF until AF just didn't show up.... lol

Poor DH had a hard time.... no pun intended rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 3 2003, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (~*~Zach's Mom~*~ @ May 3 2003, 09:58 PM)

Poor DH had a hard time.... no pun intended rolleyes.gif

ROFL rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

eiramitak
Posted: May 4 2003, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 144

I conceived my second dd while still breastfeeding my 1st...

I did have one full cycle though. I starting charting when my oldest was 11 months... I had a cycle around 12 months and then was pregnant. They are 22 months apart.

A lot of women's fertility returns without a period, so you could already be fertile. bUt most women who are exclusively breastfeeding do not get a period for approximetly 12-14 months.... thats an average- some get it sooner some go much longer.

I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it yet. smile.gif Good Luck!
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: May 4 2003, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

yep, what she said.....

We had actually started trying about a year before we got PG - the first time we tried, we were PG in less than a month! Don't know if it was BF or my age that had something to do with that, but probably a combination of both, plus being a "gym/pacifier/vending machine" had something to do with it too - giggle.....

As far as charting, don't know, never tried with any of mine, just let nature take it's course, and what would be would be....

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0105 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]