Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Went to the doctor's
TrulyBlessed
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,989

Well, I got my Rhogam shot on Friday in my butt! No, I did not do well. Bill went with me and she had me stand and lean over the counter. I didn't like this because I am used to laying on my side. I got very light headed and thought I was going to pass out. Bill stood next to me in case I did pass out. I was fine when she walked in the room and I was looking the other way. I told her right off, I don't want to see the needle, she said fine. Of course, when I went to lean on the counter the needle was sitting right there!! That did it for me and I started shaking and got a huge lump in my throat. Ugh... at least it is over.Anyways, the baby is doing good, heartbeat sounds good and measurements were good. Downfall, I lost a pound. She said I am only 6 pounds above my baseweight. :bawl: I don't know what's wrong! I swear I am eating, I don't know what else to do. :bawl: I have to go back in 2 weeks, so hopefully I gain weight again. I hate having this nurse look at me like I am an anorexic.
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

sad.gif sorry I hate needles too. I'm happy the baby is doing well, sry you are not gaining as much weight as they would like. When I was prego with Zander, The doctor told me for the first 6 months I wasn't putting on enough weight , by the time I gave birth I had put on 50 lbs, then she was asking me what on earth i was eating. Everyone is differant. As long as your baby is doing well and you are eating well you should be fine. Do you take vitimins too?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
TrulyBlessed
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Yes, I do take vitamins. Thank you for the positive note on the weight gain. The nurse also recommended that I try drinking some Ensure.
PMEmail Poster

My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Certainly don't feel that you have to answer this if you don't want to, but how big were you before you got pregnant - underweight/average/overweight? I only ask because I was overweight before I got PG and at this point - 23 wks along I think - I haven't gained any weight overall and my doctor is perfectly fine with that. As long as the baby is growing appropriately I don't see why it's a big deal unless you were really skinny to begin with in which case it may be unhealthy - but for you moreso than the baby.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

hug.gif hug.gif Sorry to hear about the shot! I'm sure if the baby is healthy then the weight gain shouldn't be a problem! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
TrulyBlessed
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

QUOTE (brookeandmadisonsmom @ Apr 20 2008, 09:28 PM)
Certainly don't feel that you have to answer this if you don't want to, but how big were you before you got pregnant - underweight/average/overweight? I only ask because I was overweight before I got PG and at this point - 23 wks along I think - I haven't gained any weight overall and my doctor is perfectly fine with that. As long as the baby is growing appropriately I don't see why it's a big deal unless you were really skinny to begin with in which case it may be unhealthy - but for you moreso than the baby.

My normal weight is 155 lbs. After I had Alyssa 4 yrs ago, I took Zoloft for about 1 1/2 yrs. My weight went up to 170 lbs and I have had a hard time losing it since then and it was from the Zoloft. So my starter weight was 170 lbs and I am at 176 lbs right now. But what I am wondering is whatever hormone the zoloft turned off, may have been turned back on from my pregnancy. I don't know if this is really possible, but if it is it would make more sense to me. smile.gif They say the baby's weight, measurements and heartrate seem great. I'm 28 weeks right now.
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

hang in there. I'm not a doctor (mcduh) but I'd think if you are eating healthy and taking your vitamins,,,then the baby should be healthy, too. I know its hard not to worry when you are the one incubating a precious life.

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0115 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]