Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I've got a question
HuskerMom
  Posted: Jul 31 2007, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,388

How was your postpartum depression after your second child? I had it pretty bad for about a month after Keith was born, and I'm really worried it'll be just as bad or worse after this one.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I am curious as well

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Mine was actually worse with Wesley (my second). I'm not sure if it's because I was more aware of the symptoms (more educated that is) or I really just got hit harder. I don't really remember being as weepy with Wil, but definitely very anxious. With Wesley, my birth experience was pretty traumatizing for me, so I know that has a lot to do with it. Also, it's stressful having two, especially so close in age. I really didn't think I would make it somedays. But I did and now I'm pretty much PPD free. No drugs anymore and really no big issues that consume my thoughts, thank god. smile.gif

I never thought you could really prepare yourself for PPD...it just happens. But I think if you stay focused on the positive, know that you are not super mom, get rest when you can, eat healthy, know that others are going through the same thing you are...then it really is possible to prevent it in some ways.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

lovemy2
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I had NONE with Olivia - just went on my merry way with my new little bundle - with Dylan if I could have holed up in my room and slept for about 6 months - I would have been happy as a clam - I was VERY overwhelmed - which led me to feeling really inadequate, which led me to low self-esteem and it kept snowballing - some of it I think was the fact that Dylan was born smack dab in the middle of winter and the winter was horrible while I was home on maternity - it just kept snowing and getting colder and colder - at least with Olivia in June I could go for a walk when I started getting stir crazy...............................

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

I had it with both kids. After Jason i had more of a depression and after Emma, it seems ro be more anxiety.... but both were PP related

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I only had it the second time around, which was very suprising considering I had twins the first time therefore double the amount of whacko hormones. With the second though I think the fact that I already had little ones running around made it that much harder to get sleep, etc and was a contributing factor.

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Jul 31 2007, 05:50 PM
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 03:26 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

sleep.gif For me it got worse with each pregnancy! Just keep an eye on your symptoms and if it comes back I would talk to your doctor. Just because you had it with your first, it doesn't mean it will come back with your second! Good Luck! hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 03:44 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Mine got worse...and I didn't see anybody for it until well after my 3rd was born, she was almost a year old. It was very gradual.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

It sounds like it just depends on the person. I didn't take any meds when I had it before and I'm hoping that I won't have to this time either. Dh is planning on taking some time off work after the baby is born so that will help too. I suppose PPD is just one of those things that I have to just accept that it'll probably happen and take it one day at a time.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
blue72
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,231

Baby #1 - horrible ppd which started right after birth
Baby - #2 - Depression in week 16 of pregnancy.
Baby - #3 - Depression started in week 8 of pregnancy

The symptoms progressed much quicker each time. I didn't mess around with it. I took meds during pregnancy (which I was very nervous about). I have 3 happy healthy boys.
PMEmail Poster
flirtycuddle
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,925

I had PPd with my daughter that I never even realized I had truthfully till it started to ease up. The hospital warned me when I delivered my son since I had untreated PPD with my first this time may just be worse or may not at all. At first I was fine with the kids being so young and doing it all on my own most of the day but then once i moved into the new condo with just me and the kids most of the day cuz their dad was working so many hours it got really bad. I remember one night Will (the baby) was just non stop crying and I called their grandmother litterally crying because I was beyond snaping so she came and took Jacqueline for the night so I could get Will to bed and then relax. It will be hard but I found if I have at least a couple hours out of the house without the kids or even having grandma take one kid for the night its eaiser to relax some and refresh.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,075

I am really worried about it as well, I had it with Bella, but nothing to serious, I just was overwhelmed. I am really nervous this time because I will have TWO new bundles and 1 Princess at home ...

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

It was definitely worse with my second.

I know I was alot more sleep deprived with my 2nd because I couldnt 'sleep when baby sleeps' because I had an 18 month old running around bouncing off the walls. LOL I think sleep deprivation can make it worse, too. (that is what my friend told me).

Hopefully you wont get it at all,,,but if you do - try to rest as much as you can and seek treatment if need be.

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0127 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]