Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Just Venting.........
CantWait
  Posted: Apr 9 2003, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Ok so one of my biggest pet peeves right now is when I see a mom with her new baby and I tell them I can't wait, and they say very sarcastically "oh yes you can". Exactly what is that suppose to mean??? Do they regret having children??? Little do they know I have one already and there was nothing I loved more then watching him grow and being home with him while he was doing it.......I truly Can't Wait to do it again!!!!!!!! wub.gif

Just needed to get that out! new_tomato.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MomToMany
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 03:45 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

wavey.gif Hi there! I hate it when people say stuff like that! Makes you wonder what they really think about having children dry.gif ! I SO looked forward to each of my kids' birth; a brand new person to meet wub.gif ! Every time I see a pregnant woman, I just smile (sometimes to myself). I love babies, and the thought of a new one is something to smile about!

Are those women's babies too much of a hassle for them? Sounds like it to me! You have to feel sorry for the babies, although I don't think that they REALLY mean it like that(hope not anyway!)

It's SO disappointing to hear stuff like that, but I'm sure being pregnant, you've heard a lot of unsolicitated advice & unwanted questions that are nobody's business; I know I did mad.gif ! Just let it go in one ear & out the other!

Mollie

supermom
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (CantWait @ Apr 10 2003, 01:12 AM)
Ok so one of my biggest pet peeves right now is when I see a mom with her new baby and I tell them I can't wait, and they say very sarcastically "oh yes you can".

I think about that time, I would look at them, smile very sweetly, and just say "Oh, no I can't - I've got 8 at home, and this one is as much a welcome addition as the rest!!" - rofl!! That would shut them up!!

But seriously, I know what you mean. Some people just can't talk to someone else without being rude and crude.....hang in there, do your "meditation" -giggle- and don't let it bother you!

<<HUGS>>

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I don't understand either, unless they are trying to be funny????

I sooo looked forward to Ashley too. Yesterday, I was on the way to the mall (DH was watching Ashley) and I started missing her on the way there! I was remembering her birth... just thinking to myself in the car. About the time I got to a red light, I was thinking about the Doc holding Ashley up saying, "We have a girl, We have a BIG girl". I got this great big smile on my face... I looked over and the guy next to me was giving me a weird look. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (CantWait @ Apr 10 2003, 03:12 AM)
Ok so one of my biggest pet peeves right now is when I see a mom with her new baby and I tell them I can't wait, and they say very sarcastically "oh yes you can". Exactly what is that suppose to mean??? Do they regret having children??? Little do they know I have one already and there was nothing I loved more then watching him grow and being home with him while he was doing it.......I truly Can't Wait to do it again!!!!!!!! wub.gif

Just needed to get that out! new_tomato.gif

You think that is bad... TLCDad was about to get into a fight with a very large man. We were in The Children's Place in the mall, and this guy grabbed his daughter (I guess his daughter) by the elbow and said, "Get over here!" He jerked her really hard and she skidded across the floor. I am not one to judge anyone's parenting style, but this baby was barely walking... she was just curious like most babies are. I would hate to see what he would do if she did something bad.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
dhoppygirl
  Posted: Apr 14 2003, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 52

.......I truly Can't Wait to do it again!!!!!!!! 

I also don't understand why people are so negative when they see someone pregnant...Peyton was my first baby, but I enjoyed being pregnant, but I was very impatient to meet the little (well, big..he was 9lbs 7 ozs) fellow. I am very excited to get pregnant again and can't wait to meet my next child (or hopefully children!!!)
I have enjoyed every single moment of motherhood so far...and I think my DH has enjoyed fatherhood a whole lot more than he ever imagined!!

--------------------
Dawn
Mom to Peyton 9/23/2002, Sydney 3/30/2004 and Connor 11/15/2005
PMEmail PosterYahoo
momofajcl
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 43

I got a lot of "Two boys already! Are you having a girl?" No. "Well, were you trying for a girl? I can't imagine having 3 boys!" UGH! LOL! If I hear "Are you going to keep trying for a girl?" one more time, I'll scream mad.gif I have 3 boys and I'm darn proud of it! LOL! Besides, if we kept trying for a girl, knowing my luck we would have 16 boys before having a girl! LOL! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Heather - mommy to 3 boys
Andrew (1/24/96)
Christian (1/16/98)
& Nicholas (9/20/02)

Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
user posted image
CantWait
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

this guy grabbed his daughter (I guess his daughter) by the elbow and said, "Get over here!" He jerked her really hard and she skidded across the floor.

What is with people????

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Apr 14 2003, 05:12 PM)
You think that is bad... TLCDad was about to get into a fight with a very large man.  We were in The Children's Place in the mall, and this guy grabbed his daughter (I guess his daughter) by the elbow and said, "Get over here!"  He jerked her really hard and she skidded across the floor.  I am not one to judge anyone's parenting style, but this baby was barely walking... she was just curious like most babies are.  I would hate to see what he would do if she did something bad.

Yeah, I came very close to saying something to him. I hope my look at him was enough of a signal. mad.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0140 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]