Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I'm so pissed at Hen's teacher, She's an IDGET! lol
loveydad
Posted: Mar 14 2005, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

First of all, she's his econ/health teacher as well as his school counsler (saying that with a total laugh) She's also the textiles teacher AND when she's not doing that, she's either spending her time getting the kids ready for college, or job shadow, or... some other stupid thing. She's involved with sadd. SHe's one of those women who never stop, have terrible blood pressure, always a day late and a brain short if you know what I mean. When she's not at school, she's with her mother who's very ill. SHe's supposed to help the kids when they're upset but she's always so busy she usually is unavailable, blows them off, or just upsets them further. Okay, got the background? Oh and she also thinks she knows a lot but doesn't. Never stops telling the kids how they're going to have tchildren before christmas (some of them) how they're going to get genital warts or stds or do drugs- you know it's a good message but for kids, it gets tiring. By senior year they just ignore it.
If you ask her a question about class or you're going to be gone,she goes "Look at your course sylabbus which is this stupid thing she rights out years in advance - well guess what, they're 3 (!!) weeks behind on it!!!! She's about 55?

Henry has an iep he also has social anxiety which means he's having a hell of a time being around the class that has totured himf or years. I have to tell you guys these kids are HORRID to each other. Never have anything nice to say, even the freinds torment each other. He had just got where he fit in (kinda) and felt good about being in class (sorta) was getting there on time and sitting through the whole class.

If henry getsu pset he either a. makes a scene and yells, or b. deals with it but maybe leaves the room. The teachers KNOW not to single him out, not to upset him, not to make him feel presured, not to even call in him in class if he's not joining in in the lecture.

So today I get this call. He was sitting in class and they are doing this RIDICLIOUSLY difficult research paper. Has to have appendices and surveys (obviously, i asked you guys) and is just stressing them out. It's due Wensday. It's really hard because she won't tell you exactly what you need but she tells you all this crap that has to be there, and hen has a hard time wrapping his brain around things sometimes. Anyway, he's frustrated with her.

So this impossible women, he's been telling her everytime he sees here that he doesn't have the checksheet for the research paper which if he doesn't have he can't turn in the paper!! And she says "I sent it down with the TA" (who collects his work) and blows him off. He says "but I don't have it" "I sent it down there" (he would have got it it was handed out a month ago, think someone would have given it to him by then if they had it!!?!? he gets pissed. "Well aparently they lost it, because I DON'T HAVE IT!!" she ignores him.

So someone asks how many appendices there are supposed to be. The answer "as many as the paper requires" Uhhh you know what? these kids don't understand that they need to know how many at least they need. You know she'll dock them down if there isn't enough. So Henry says "but that's not enough info for me. I need to know how many" and she starts positivley SCREAMING AT HIM (i know, i heard the tape, they tape the lectures) about how "FINE THEN! YOU HAVE TO HAVE 100!!!" Henry didn't realize what she was saying and says "fine then!" and he asked something I don't know what she goes "YOU HAVE TO HAVE A HUNDRED!" and he say "You're too vague on everything! It makes it really hard for me to write the paper when I don't know what all I need!" she's LIVID for NO FREAKING REASON at him and goes "THEN YOU NEED 10 EVERYONE IN THE CLASS NEEDS TEN!" he doesn't like being cornered, it scres him so he's backing down saying "Okay, okay fine." and then the class starts screaming this one annoying boy who never stops talking says, "That's not our opinion that's his!!" and some screams "GEEZ!" and is yelling. YOU KNWO WHAT!? This is NOT hsi fault and they're taking it out on him!! SHE TURNED THE DARNED CLASS AGAINST! a BIG breach of his IEP! Not supposed to corner him and make these things happen RIGHT!?

Hen by that time is shaking, he doesn't speak and waits for the movie to start to leave. (so proud of him, a couple years ago he would have just started screaming and stormed out) and then he came and called home. He was so upset. He was CRYING. He couldn't calm down. He signed out and went for a walk came back and went to class.

This women is strung so tight (she does it to herself, no symphathy) that she bursts at the kids sometimes.

Once he was in her officce (he's a teacher's aid for her) and he came back just to ask what she needed, standing and waiting, and she snaps "Would you get out of here!?" UH!!? wtf!

I swear if there was a way around this class he would be out. She's so unsufferably ignorant. She told the kids today that babies can eat formula at 2mo, and hen tried to correct her and she just ignored him. She never updated her education! They were asking her about cows milk and when the baby can have it, she didn't EVEN KNOW and wouldn't let hen tell the kid. 1 year because of allergens, not freaking pasturization. Sorry this is basicalyl what he told me and I'm so pissed, I finally get him settled and he's feeling good about school again and one of the teachers SCREWS it up well I'm sick of it!!

UGH! GRR! I AM SO MAD!!
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

Thats the problem when you have a teacher doing Jack of all trades in a school.
Kids suffer for it

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
mammag
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,050

She sounds so much like my daughters teacher who I was having problems with. I don't know if you remember I wrote that email to her....anonymously....well it seems to have helped. I don't know if she was just too stressed all the time to see her behavior or what but Kristen says she is much nicer and only yells occasionally and hasn't humiliated anyone in front of the class since.

I think it was kind of like those nanny shows when they are shown how they are acting with their kids when they are getting overloaded. They are so caught up in everything that they can't see themselves. Does this make sense.....it's early, I'm rambling.

I hope things improve for him.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Has SHE listened to the tape?

In any case.... if there are other complaints on this teacher, wouldn't the principal be compelled to see what's really going on? Maybe check with other parents....? Maybe the teacher needs a good talking to?

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

you have my sympathy Vig. we have the same problem getting the teacher's to follow the IEP for Jacob. again, it is an issue that they have too many kids and don't have the time to deal with one kid... it's not right, but it seems to be the way things are dry.gif . i hope things get better. grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
loveydad
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Oh guys it's hardly worth it. THe other people know how she is. No stopping it. Henry almost killed himself trying to do her stupid research paper. The disk ate his project AHHHHHHH. He got it done though.

She pisses me off when she brings her home stuff to school and freaks on the children. But she's NEVER yelled at anyone in his class like that and was totally nice so nobody knows what the problem is.

So angry yet nothing I can do. She knwos my email address. sad.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0168 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]