Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> He's only 16!!!
mommy2owen
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I got a call from my mom today, saying that she needed to find another place for my brother to stay, because she cant stand to see his face any more! Once i got her calm and could understand everything she was saying, I found out that his 15 year old girlfriend is pregnate!!! Can you belive this??!! I wanna hurt him sooo bad!!
loveydad
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Okay no what I can't believe ios your mothers reaction. SHE can't stand to see his face!!? OMG tHAT IS HORRIBLE!

You know what my son was only 16 when Andriana was concieved and I was pissed but I never told anyway I couldn't stand to see his face. I loved him and I helped him.

I can't believe that!
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Its awful that they are so young but being a parent at that age isn't uncommon anymore (unfortuantly) and it isn't that bad you just have to work a little harder in school and work. All I can say is DON'T turn your back on him he needs his family to be there for him, yeah he shouldn't have had sex so young but just to let you know I lost my virginity at that age (16) and I know a girl who is my age now and had a baby when she was 15 and they are doing just fine, she is a good mother! There are several mothers on this board that had babies at that age and they are WONDERFUL mothers!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

MomToMany
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I had my first at 16. My mom forced us to get married because she didn't want me around anymore. I was a disgrace to her! I divorced him 4 years ago after having 3 kids with him.

That is an awful thing to say! He needs all the help and support in the world right now!
mommy2owen
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (loveydad @ Feb 15 2005, 08:17 PM)
Okay no what I can't believe ios your mothers reaction. SHE can't stand to see his face!!? OMG tHAT IS HORRIBLE!

You know what my son was only 16 when Andriana was concieved and I was pissed but I never told anyway I couldn't stand to see his face. I loved him and I helped him.

I can't believe that!

I totaly agree with you! He is staying with me, Ben and the kids know. While I talk to my mother and get her to calm down. I do know where she is coming from though. She had my brother Matt when she was 15 and her parents kicked her out of the house and havent seen her since, that's why she took is so hard. (Not that I agree with what she said)
mommy2owen
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ Feb 15 2005, 08:45 PM)
Its awful that they are so young but being a parent at that age isn't uncommon anymore (unfortuantly) and it isn't that bad you just have to work a little harder in school and work. All I can say is DON'T turn your back on him he needs his family to be there for him, yeah he shouldn't have had sex so young but just to let you know I lost my virginity at that age (16) and I know a girl who is my age now and had a baby when she was 15 and they are doing just fine, she is a good mother! There are several mothers on this board that had babies at that age and they are WONDERFUL mothers!!

I also lost my virginity at 16, and ever since then my life has been diffrent.
Josie83
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 622

This is pretty much the reaction that I got form my mother when I told her that i was pregnant (at eighteen), and the relationship has deteriorated ever since sad.gif. I am surprised if your mother was young herself when she had her first child though? Surely she realises how hurtful it is to have this reaction. Okay so maybe its not the best thing in the world to happen but what's done is done, and what your brother and his gf need now more than ever is love and support. Anything else is just a watse of energy and time and will ruin relationships. I'm hoping that your mum will come round after the shock wears off and support your brother in his decision. i know from experience that the one thing you need when you are a young pregnant teen is your family's love and support, not their judgement and disgust! I'm so glad that you are there for him, you're obviously a good sister. I'm hoping that you can all resolve this! grouphug: xx
PMEmail Poster
mommy2owen
Posted: Feb 17 2005, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (mommy2owen @ Feb 17 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ Feb 15 2005, 08:45 PM)
Its awful that they are so young but being a parent at that age isn't uncommon anymore (unfortuantly) and it isn't that bad you just have to work a little harder in school and work.  All I can say is DON'T turn your back on him he needs his family to be there for him, yeah he shouldn't have had sex so young but just to let you know I lost my virginity at that age (16) and I know a girl who is my age now and had a baby when she was 15 and they are doing just fine, she is a good mother! There are several mothers on this board that had babies at that age and they are WONDERFUL mothers!!

I also lost my virginity at 16, and ever since then my life has been diffrent.

Thanks Josie I really appreciate it! smile.gif
texasp3
Posted: Mar 1 2005, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 960

I don't know why I've been missing posts in this forum... but I have. Anyway... what a sad reaction. Good grief, I have a son who is going to be sixteen in June and I can't imagin not wanting to see him if something like that happened in his life. Oh my... I would want to love him and help him and protect him that much more.

He's lives an uneventful social life, but he and I have talked about all sorts of things related to sex and babies. He knows that the only thing that would really make me angry is if a girl was pregnant with his child and he refused to acknowledge responsibility. And even that would just make me angry, it wouldn't make me throw him out of the house.

I know a lot of you have been on the receiving end of situations like this in your families and I just don't get it.. I really don't. Maybe I'm being naive in thinking I could handle it if it were my kid involved... but I really just don't think I would react by wanting to get rid of my own child!!

--------------------
Marie, Mom to Gabriel (3.1.04) and Michael (6.14.89)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
janier
Posted: Mar 7 2005, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,478

hi I feel bad for your brother I came from a large catholic fam of 18 and Ihave a 16 year old of my own and we have a very open line of communitcation she can tell me anything and we work through her problems and yes I would be hurt if she became pregnant but it would not be the end of the world The problem with teens today especially girls is they look at babies as toys and after having one come to the realization that its a lot harder than babysitting . I am glad that your brother has you to stand by him I could never turn my back on my child espeically after it took a lot of hard work to get her here in the first place.

PMEmail Poster
loveydad
Posted: Mar 7 2005, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (janier @ Mar 7 2005, 11:42 AM)
hi I feel bad for your brother I came from a large catholic fam of 18 and Ihave a 16 year old of my own and we have a very open line of communitcation she can tell me anything and we work through her problems and yes I would be hurt if she became pregnant but it would not be the end of the world The problem with teens today especially girls is they look at babies as toys and after having one come to the realization that its a lot harder than babysitting . I am glad that your brother has you to stand by him I could never turn my back on my child espeically after it took a lot of hard work to get her here in the first place.

You know what I dont' think that's fair. Most girls (teenage) don't considering even having babies.

You know what else? My son has 2 kids and he's 17 and he has FULL CUSTODY and he TAKES care ofthem. He's awesome with them and I can tell you right now he don't think they're toys.,
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 18 2005, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I could never turn my back on my kids if they got in trouble.
Hey no one is perfect and for ppl. to expect their kids will be angels at any age they have a rude awaken.
If a problem arises then deal with it and get over it learn from it.
And contiue forward.

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
janier
Posted: Mar 18 2005, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,478

QUOTE (loveydad @ Mar 7 2005, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (janier @ Mar 7 2005, 11:42 AM)
hi I feel bad for your brother I came from a large catholic fam of 18 and Ihave a 16 year old of my own and we have a very open line of communitcation she can tell me anything and we work through her problems and yes I would be hurt if she became pregnant but it would not be the end of the world The problem with teens today especially girls is they look at babies as toys and after having one come to the realization that its a lot harder than babysitting .  I am glad that your brother has you to stand by him I could never turn my back on my child espeically after it took a lot of hard work to get her here in the first place.

You know what I dont' think that's fair. Most girls (teenage) don't considering even having babies.

You know what else? My son has 2 kids and he's 17 and he has FULL CUSTODY and he TAKES care ofthem. He's awesome with them and I can tell you right now he don't think they're toys.,

HI I didn't mean to step on any toes. what I ment by saying most girls look at them as toys is they get to baby sit and give them back and there are fourteen girls out of our high school freshmen threw sernior who are pregnat and most of them have the same response when you tell them they will have a hard time because raising kids isn't easy they say well my parents will have it most of the time while we date or go out with friends. I also have four brothers that are raising kids on thier own. So maybe I should recan't my statement about most teens and say most teenage girls in our high school.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0101 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]