Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> NE1 get extensions before?
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I am thinking of biting the bullet and getting my hair cut short. The only way I'll do that is IF I don't like it I want extensions put in so my hair is back to the length I know I like it at. I'm a bit wary of extensions, though, as it is fake hair, etc. Anyone have it done before? Got any tips, words of wisdom, etc, etc?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I haven't but have a friend who did...she spent a ton of money to get the best of the best and hated them after a week. She said they got really uncomfortable plus the expense of keeping them looking good was enough for her to get rid of them. I think she maybe lasted a month, if that long.
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I haven't had, but have wanted for a long time. I have heard that you can get "real hair" extension. THey are pricey but the good ones are best.

SO basically i have very little info on them tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I would maybe just ask your stylist about them. See if he/she will be honest with you about comparing brands and prices. I'm sure they will want to sell you what they sell at the salon, but hopefully they will give you a straight answer.

Coincidence - I actually just asked my stylist about them the other day. I wish I remembered what brand she said looked really good. It was a less expensive brand too, like the kind you can buy at a beauty store and apply yourself. Sorry, don't remember. blush.gif I asked her though if you can wash them and she said no, you have to take them out each day. I personally woud get frustrated doing that...But it would be fun for a special occasion.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Aug 31 2007, 10:58 AM)
I would maybe just ask your stylist about them. See if he/she will be honest with you about comparing brands and prices. I'm sure they will want to sell you what they sell at the salon, but hopefully they will give you a straight answer.

Coincidence - I actually just asked my stylist about them the other day. I wish I remembered what brand she said looked really good. It was a less expensive brand too, like the kind you can buy at a beauty store and apply yourself. Sorry, don't remember. blush.gif I asked her though if you can wash them and she said no, you have to take them out each day. I personally woud get frustrated doing that...But it would be fun for a special occasion.

I have heard the Jessica Simpson ones are good - about $100

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

BTW Karen, you should try photos of short hair on your picture first. Like I did in my last post. Mine was of course a joke, haha me with blonde hair, but they had tons of styles to choose from. wink.gif

This post has been edited by mysweetpeasWil&Wes on Aug 31 2007, 08:00 AM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Aug 31 2007, 10:59 AM)
BTW Karen, you should try photos of short hair on your picture first. Like I did in my last post. Mine was of course a joke, haha me with blonde hair, but they had tons of styles to choose from. wink.gif

I actually have had short hair before - a LONG time ago (late 80's early 90's). But it was permed short hair. I've never done straight short hair AND back then I was SKINNY. Now my face is chub chub and I think short hair on me with a chub chub face doesn't look good - but I really want to try something different. I will definitely ask my stylist. She's ALWAYS trying to get me to go with extensions for even longer hair but I always brush her off. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I was just thinking about extensions the other day...it seems a lot of people have them now. I don't think I have good hair for extensions, though. I'm curious to hear what your stylist says about them, kup. wink.gif

Your face is not chub chub. I think short hair would look so cute on you. How short are you wanting to go? Do you have a style in mind?

It just figures that short hair is in, when I'm growing mine out. laugh.gif It's always that way for me. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Paaaleeeez, your face is not chub chub! I think you should go for it. What do you have to lose. It always can grow back.... wink.gif But who am I to talk...I swore to myself that I would chop mine off too after our last trip and I still haven't done it. tongue.gif I really love the bob. But I have too much wave.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0155 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]