Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need a new moisturizer/cleanser
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Okay so I bought the whole Arbonne Re line a few months ago and was pretty happy with it for a while. And now that I'm empty on some of the products, including the mositurizer with SPF and the cleanser, I don't really want to pay the high price for Arbonne again. I mean I guess it lasted a long time and I liked how it worked, but I'm not blown away by it either. Man, it's pricey. I paid the consultant fee, so I think I get a discount this time, but not sure what that cost is. Anyone know? Anyone have other comparable products to tell me about?

I have very sensitive skin, so I ususally use Eucerin or Cetaphyl or Purpose brands, but I think that I may be allergice to zinc oxide in the ones with SPF. Which is annoying, because I won't go without SPF.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I've heard really big raves about Olay's newer lines, it's not your grandmas Olay laugh.gif I love their anti-acne, anti-aging cleanser and they have some really good stuff. When I feel like spending the money I looooove Prescriptives skin care.

Have you ever checked out makeupalley.com? People give very, very honest reviews on every brand under the sun.
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Jun 8 2007, 02:37 PM)
I've heard really big raves about Olay's newer lines, it's not your grandmas Olay laugh.gif I love their anti-acne, anti-aging cleanser and they have some really good stuff. When I feel like spending the money I looooove Prescriptives skin care.

Have you ever checked out makeupalley.com? People give very, very honest reviews on every brand under the sun.

Yeah, I heard the same about Olay...but whenever I'm at the store trying to go through them all (they have A LOT), the kids act up and I have to move on. If I don't know what I want and grab it right away, all you know what breaks lose. So I may try and get out alone tonight and take some time to weed through them. Do you know the exact name of the line? They have so many these days... happy.gif

I'll check out the website, thanks! thumb.gif

Yeah, I used to love Prescriptives makeup and perfume...but that was before kids and I had only me to spend on! smile.gif I guess Arbonne is comparable, but you know, a friend is selling Arbonne and I got looped in... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I really like the Regenerist line but I also have lots of fine lines and *gasp* the beginnings of wrinkles. If you don't need something so targeted to anti-ageing, the Hydrate & Cleanse stuff is good too.

Also, my mom is trying the new Garnier Fruictese line, she hasn't had it long enough to tell if it's FABULOUS or not but is happy with it so far.

I was suprised by some of the store brands that got good reviews on makeupalley, I always check there now before I buy. thumb.gif

eta: I love, love, love Olay's Thermal Skin Polisher, it feels so totally indulgent and actually does a nice exfoliation, not too rough but enough to notice. I can't be without it rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Jun 8 2007, 11:56 AM
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0166 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]