Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I'm thinking about calling my doctor, on monday
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 30 2007, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

I have been feeling seriously down for about a month. I've had the blues off and on since having Allie, but nothing really major that lasted more than a day or two and made me think I was depressed. Now though I feel the way I did when I used to struggle with depression years ago. I know the signs... I just don't know if it's postpartum or plain old depression. Does it matter? I don't know if I can go to my OB for this, or if I have to go to a regular doctor. I'd rather go to my OB because I'm comfortable with her - I haven't been to any regular doc enough times to feel like I know them... I always end up with a different one because I just make an appointment with whomever I can see the quickest when I'm sick you know?

After I had Andrew I felt like this but my progesterone cream made it go away. It's not working for me this time - maybe because my cycle has been all over the place and I don't think I'm using the cream at the right time in my cycle for it to work. Or maybe it's just not the same thing - after Andrew I think it was just my crazy pms depression that I always get. Maybe this time I actually have PPD, I don't know. sleep.gif Before kids I would have just lived with it or tried to overcome it on my own before going to a doctor because I hate taking drugs. But I hate that I never feel like playing with Andrew, and I think that maybe I'm the reason he's been acting up lately. sad.gif Dh isn't big on drugs either, but he said I should go. I just hope I can make myself call, and that I don't have to wait weeks to get in or something.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jun 30 2007, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

I think you should call - bright and early Monday morning. What do you have to lose ? I would call your OB since you feel most comfortable with her. I wish you the very best of luck. Keep the Faith and make the call !

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Jul 1 2007, 02:48 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

I called my OB when I started feeling that way, it probabaly is PP related, but I don't think it really matters

good luck

I am here for you if you need to chat or anything hug.gif

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

amymom
Posted: Jul 1 2007, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I agree that it shouldn't matter what the cause is, I would suggest calling the OB. Even just to talk about it will make you feel better. Good Luck and know we are always here to listen if nothing else.

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
lovemy2
Posted: Jul 1 2007, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I went through the EXACT same thing Sara - very lifeless is how I felt - nothing excited me, etc. I think it was a combo or past depression/ppd and the overwhelmingness (not sure if that is a word but you get what I am saying:) of two kids.....I called my OB since he was the last one to "treat" me so if you are comfortable with your OB I say definately call her - I am taking Wellbutrin XL - it is wonderful - I have always had bad side effects from depression meds but this one causes nothing for me and has really helped to lift the "fog" I felt....

Good luck and if you need anything - feel free to pm me hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jul 1 2007, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I'd start with your OB, I hope you're able to get some relief. That "down" feeling can really suck you dry. KUP hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jul 1 2007, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

call the OB and Family Dr and see who calls back first to help you smile.gif
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jul 1 2007, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

SARA, just wanted to wish you the best, and say what a strong person you are, to go thru this and admit when you need help. I hope that the dr is able to help you.
hug.gif

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jul 1 2007, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Thanks everyone. hug.gif I'm going to call my OB since I know her best. I'll call in the morning ~ hopefully I'll be able to get an appointment for SOON.

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Jul 1 2007, 06:53 AM)
I went through the EXACT same thing Sara - very lifeless is how I felt - nothing excited me, etc.  I think it was a combo or past depression/ppd and the overwhelmingness (not sure if that is a word but you get what I am saying:) of two kids.....I called my OB since he was the last one to "treat" me so if you are comfortable with your OB I say definately call her - I am taking Wellbutrin XL - it is wonderful - I have always had bad side effects from depression meds but this one causes nothing for me and has really helped to lift the "fog" I felt....

Good luck and if you need anything - feel free to pm me hug.gif  hug.gif

Christine what you described is exactly how I'm feeling. I feel like someone just sucked all the life out of me and I don't care about anything. I think I'll ask my doctor about Wellbutrin. The only depression/anxiety med I've ever been on was paxil and I didn't like it much. I've heard that wellbutrin is a good one and doesn't make your sex drive go down - I don't have much of a sex drive to begin with I can't really afford to lose what I've got. blush.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM
jcc64
Posted: Jul 2 2007, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Whether it's PPD or plain old depression, the treatment is the same. I'd say- if you're comfortable with your OB, go with her. Anyone can prescribe anti-depressants. Keep in mind, though, that each med is slightly different, and works differently on different chemistries. Just because paxil didn't work for you, or Wellbutrin worked well for someone else, doesn't mean it's a one size fits all type of thing. You may have to experiment with different meds and/or dosages before you find the right fit for you. The bottom line is, there is no reason to suffer indefinitely with those types of symptoms. Your life and your kids are waiting for the best version of you to come back out to play. There is no shame in needing/taking meds if your chemistry isn't where you need it to be. It's not a character flaw to need a little help righting your ship, nor is it a sign of "strength" to grit your teeth and be miserable, just so you can avoid taking meds. If you need 'em, take 'em. You won't regret it.
Big hug.gif , and I hope you feel better soon. Feel free to pm me- btdt.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jul 2 2007, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Well I called and made an appointment. I ended up getting an appointment with the nurse practitioner at the women's clinic though ~ my OB had a long waiting list. dry.gif I'm a little bummed because I really would feel more comfortable with my OB, but at least it's at her clinic, and a friend of mine has been to the lady I'll be seeing today and she says she's nice. happy.gif

--------------------

PM
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jul 2 2007, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

Glad you called and wishing you the very best ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sam & Abby's Mom on Jul 2 2007, 08:53 AM

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0159 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]