Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Baby Movement
Aprilnewbee
Posted: Nov 21 2005, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,449

When did you start to feel the baby move? I am 19 weeks and I have yet to feel the baby kick or even flutter. I went to my monthly check-up today, and we heard the heartbeat, so the baby is fine, I just haven't felt anything, my doc kinda frowned at that like she was concerned but just scribbled a note in my chart and didn't say much more. I am wondering if she thinks that is bad or just a little abnormal. What do you think? 19 weeks is like halfway.

Beth

--------------------

baby

EDD April 14, 2006 - It's a boy!!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Nov 21 2005, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

With my first pregnancy I felt flutters at 14 weeks, and my first kick at 17 weeks. Now I am almost 11 weeks, and I swear I felt a flutter this afternoon, but it may have been gas unsure.gif

I remember thinking that I shouldn't expect to feel anything until 19 weeks, so I was suprised when i felt something so early. It will happen soon. If your Dr. isn't concerned about it, I wouldn't worry.
PM
holley79
Posted: Dec 3 2005, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

I always was doubting myself for feeling movement so early. I'm sure that everything is fine. If the doc was real concerned she would have done something then. All babies are different. I was told that it also depends on how they are laying in the womb as to if you feel them move or not. dunno.gif dunno.gif

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

CAMSMOM1
Posted: Dec 9 2005, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Member No.: 2,907

Beth, I started feeling movement when I was about 19 weeks. I was unsure if it was the baby or gas, because it was so brief and so soft. I was expecting a big kick. But looking at how big your baby actually is right now, when you do feel something it will be very soft and faint at first, and it may have happened to you already and you didn't even realize it. With your first baby it takes awhile to recognize what it feels like. I would worry though. Trust me, soon she'll be kicking you up and down! You'd be amazed at what one weeks time can do in pregnancy. Really your doctor doesnt become concerned with movement until later on when it's frequent and then you don't feel anything for a day or two. That's when they suspect a problem, but you're still early on and it'll happen soon. Let us know when it does!
Congrats on your LO!
Ann

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Aprilnewbee
Posted: Dec 12 2005, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,449

I'm sorry I haven't updated recently, I get busy and just come here to read and forget to update. Anyways, about a week ago I started feeling movement, it wasn't like flutters, it was more strong, and that same day I first felt them, I realized I had felt them before and just didn't know what they were. Later that day Dh and I were sitting on the couch, and I could feel him moving and I put DH's hand over the spot, and he felt the baby kick his hand. That was exciting for us. So I am pretty sure I was feeling him kick before, I just wasn't sure what I was feeling, I eat different now than I ever had, so I am sure I just thought the movements were gastric movements.

Beth

--------------------

baby

EDD April 14, 2006 - It's a boy!!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0107 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]