Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> still at a standstill.., and i'm getting anxious
luvbug00
  Posted: Jun 21 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

Most of you know me well enough to know I am the LEAST patient person in the world. Obviously this is on exaggerated by the thing I am waiting on..
like getting mail..i can do
important events (birthdays, surprises, weddings) not so much. blush.gif
As I mentioned in previous thread we are at a wedding standstill.
I really cant take it anymore..I have looked for the cheapest ways to get married.
Jon said we can do it whenever and wherever I want. Like tomorrow if I want.
My trigger finger says "let's do this thing"
However I have Jiminy cricket hanging out in my head.. dry.gif very uncomfortable with those little feet hopping back and forth....
See Jon dreams of this romantical beach wedding..(really wants this, has wanted it his entire life, but was willing to settle on my account for the outdoor garden wedding we were planning earlier)
Key word in this is settle.
He shouldn't have to settle on his dream wedding. I shouldn't have to settle either.
I found this awesome place down in Key west that does weddings on the beach for as cheap as $150, I can get plane tickets for $200ish each and then need to find a hotel or something. license there is $100. I think I can pull this off for just under a grand..I just dont know where I can get that money from... sleep.gif

this is kinda how I feel right now..
smash.gif beer.gif banghead.gif bigthink.gif lookitup.gif idontknow.gif weirdo.gif writing.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Nina J
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

Weddings are very special and I think a lot of people have their dreams of what their wedding will be like. And it is important because you are creating special memories. But the most important thing about a wedding is that you're committing yourself to your partner - for myself, that feeling and that moment could've happened during a beautiful wedding, or on the side of a road - yeah, the location matters (everyone wants a nice wedding), but in the end the committment you're making and the love you're bonding is what matters the most.

The unfortunate thing about weddings is you put so much planning in to it, and so much worrying, sometimes you forget to live the moment. Being engaged is beautiful, and planning a wedding is fun. I know it is hard to not worry and get impatient, I'm and impatient person too emlaugh.gif But if you don't have the money for the wedding at the moment, work out a time frame. Can you work out how long it will take you to save the money for a beach wedding, and be able to go and be financially comfortable in paying for it? There is no point scraping together just enough to get the job done. You want to be able to go and get married and throroughly enjoy yourself.

So, I'd suggest coming up with a financial plan that allows you to save to pay for the wedding, and while you're doing that plan for the wedding and savor it. Try and not worry about the financial aspect, things always work out, and in the meantime, just have fun.

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

Well how about a justice of the peace wedding?
This way your married BUT save up for that dream wedding?

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

You could always go through with your original plans for a garden wedding and then renew your vows on your 5th anniversary on your dream beach. Just a thought.

((hugs)) Whatever you decide, it will all work out. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Can you nab a second job dog walking for a few extra bucks? Doggy daycare? overnights? I know my sister would LOVE to have a place to take her dog so she wouldn't have to put him in a kennel when she travels. Got room for a great Dane? LOL
PM
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,218

I agree on if you can pick up a 2nd job or start really saving by reducing bills now, then you can have the money for the wedding you both want. Unless there is a certain day you have to get married by?

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

If a dream wedding is so important to the both of you, which I completely understand, then why not wait until you CAN have your dream wedding? Why the rush to get married? Ryan and I had a 3.5 year engagement to save up for our wedding, and to let our parents have time to save up to help us out. I guess I'm confused on why you would short change yourself on the wedding just to get married tomorrow or later this year? dunno.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 22 2011, 04:44 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

@karen I knew after planning the pretty wedding with brad that got canceled. I would never plan one like that again. I wanted to elope. The stress killed me. Not doing it again. The only thing that had me planning the garden shindig was Jon. He wanted a romantic wedding thing.

I haven't had a chance to talk to him. We had guests last night. But I'm ready to do this thing! LOL.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 22 2011, 04:47 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Elope, and spend the money that you would spend on the wedding on a romantic honeymoon getaway. thumb.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 22 2011, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I wonder if there might be some cheap way to get married on the beach to satisfy Jon... maybe just hire a minister or justice of the peace and have a private wedding with just family attending? It would be romantic even if it wasn't a big shindig with all your friends and family there. My brother and his wife got married on the beach in Hawaii years ago, and the only people there were the minister and my sister-in-law's sister and bil. So all it cost them was paying the minister. Then they came home to a snowy mn and had a reception but you wouldn't even have to do that if money is too tight, or you could just do that later when you do have the money for it.

Hang in there - it was 8 1/2 years ago but I still remember the stress of planning my wedding in 3 months. We were tempted to elope too! tongue.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
msoulz
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

If you rush into this wedding, will Jon at some point regret not having his dream wedding? If so, pull back the reins until you are doing this in a manner which satisfies both of you. No one ever wants to hear "I did that for you" in the heat of the moment, which is undoubtedly when it would come out.

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

your wedding is something you and your mate dreamed of for so long( more the bride...LOL) You have it set in your head on how and such and to just Settle because your anxious you may regret it. So if jon is dreaming of a beach wedding and you love the idea as well then i would do that. Start saving the money and you will get that dream wedding. I had in my mind how I wanted my weddingf rom when I was a little girl. And my dream was to have a church weddinga dn then a reception with family and thats what I got. It took a year to get to it but oh so worth it! If i didnt have such a big family(dads side) then my second option and dream was fly to hawaii and get married there:) to do things to satisfy family and to do what your family wants just to make them happy will not make you happy and the day will not be as wonderful. So believe me I know how hard it is to wait. But in teh end if u do it will be worth it!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

I spoke to Jon last night and handed him the reins on the whole deal..I just cant handle the stress.

see I would regret waiting..I already do. We had talked about hopping a plane to vegas for that weekend the day he proposed..I wish I had done that. LOL

so we will see what he comes up with and when. my hands are clean of it..LOL emlaugh.gif

I did my "dream wedding" with Brad. I think that is why I dont care.
His ex fiance did the same wedding type Brad and I were going to have.
I'm not sure why he wants to be at the beach.

He said last night he thought we were waiting so I can have something with family there. I was like
rolleyes.gif no wonder we are still engaged. He thought I wanted something I don't.
So we shall see what he does now he has all the control. I said give me date and time. I'll show in my dress. love2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0171 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]