Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Direct Buy, membership?
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 30 2011, 05:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Anyone have experience with a Direct Buy membership?

I just got sucked in. blush.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 30 2011, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

nosmiley.gif
PM
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: May 30 2011, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

My boss has one. I know she used it extensively when they were furnishing their vacation house, and seemed to get some really good deals (I say seemed to because I'm not really familiar with prices on high end furniture rolling_smile.gif ). She hasn't used it very much since then though.
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 31 2011, 05:13 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

We're moving into our new house on July 7th. It's about double the size of what I currently own, which we're moving out of on June 24th. Hurray for a 2 week hotel stay! (not!)

We essentially have 2 extra living rooms to furnish, as well as the dining room, since our dining room now will be moved to the kitchen's eat-in area. My bedroom set is going to be in the guest bedroom because it's old and I want something new..blush.gif We'll also be building a nice deck, and we plan to get really nice patio furniture and a new barbecue.. ours now is a cheap piece of crapola that cost us about 100$. SO wants one of those high-tech ones with the smoker and side grills... rolleyes.gif

Eventually we'll be redoing the kitchen... and we have new laundry machines to buy eventually. With just the cost of the furniture we want to get alone, the savings we are looking at will have more than covered our membership cost.

I'm still new at it, but from what I understand it is only worth getting into if you have a lot of stuff to buy. Not so much if you only need a few pieces.

It's not all high-end furniture, some of it is stuff you could find in regular department stores. Which is great, because I'm not into paying 5000$ for a high-end bedroom set when I can find something similar at Ikea for half the price! I'm all about the cheap. smile.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: May 31 2011, 06:04 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

No idea about it..sorry. HOWEVER...
CONGRATS on movin on up!!! thumb.gif rolling_smile.gif cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: May 31 2011, 06:04 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I know nothing about it except that all the very rich people in our area use it to buy furniture for their multi-million dollar homes. tongue.gif My boss did it and I just recently saw their place and it's GORGEOUS, but even at the prices she said she paid for "cheap furniture" as she put it.....I still couldn't and wouldn't be able to justify. It's GORGEOUS furniture though. I wanna see pics after you are done furnishing it....please. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

edit for grammar

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on May 31 2011, 06:04 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
mlhenry2003
Posted: Jun 2 2011, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,390

We just moved and I got a DirectBuy membership last summer. I haven't added it all up, but I would guess that I saved several thousands of dollars and was able to get really nice stuff for the new place. I got tile, granite, wood flooring -- all great. I was able to upgrade and still stay in my budget. The furniture is really where I think the great savings are. Lots of nice stuff but you pay the same as what you would pay in the low-end furniture stores. I think if you are doing major remodelling/redecorating it's a no-brainer! Good luck on the hunt.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 2 2011, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Yeah Karen, I don't blame them... from what I've learned over the last few days, and seeing exactly what I can get and for how much, comparing it to the exact same product in the stores... I'm really glad I joined. It seems that I'll be getting higher-end furniture for the same price I would get at a low-end store.

Woooot! laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0237 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]