Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Should I worry??, 12 milestones
Nikki
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,870

Hi everyone,
My son turned 1 yesterday and I'm not sure if I should be worried. He says "mama" and "dada" and babbles up a storm. But everything I read indicates that he should be able to say at least one other word by the age of 1. Also, that he should be pointing to things, but he doesn't. Are there any other babies out there, that by age one they weren't saying any other words other that "mama" and "dada" and weren't pointing??--He has met all of his other milestones right on target and has just this last week started walking. I sure would appreciate your input...thanks!
PMEmail Poster
skinkybaby
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 4,328

Grace didn't start talking until well past 1. I think she was 16 months old before she said her first word. She had alot of ear infections when she was an infant and it turned out it was affecting her hearing. Now she's a little chatterbox

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

We did baby signlanguage with our boy, and he didn't really start speaking until about 18 mos, BUT he would sign for lots of stuff at 10 months.
PM

mckayleesmom
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

My son will be 2 in January and he is still not talking and did alot of things really late, but he is happy, healthy and smart....So I wouldn't worry about it. The scale they base that stuff is just an estimate....Its not factual because every child is different.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Aug 27 2006, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

dont worry... the little girl i take care of was 13 months when i started, she only grunted and said daddy. she is now 2 and man can she talk and so well! so dont worry... some kids just take thier time.

My daughter was the same way and she was almost 18 months when she started to really talk. she was behind in all her milestones but now she is right on target!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
withchild334
Posted: Oct 24 2006, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 5,590

My daughter has only just started talking after the age of 2 and said mummy for the first time about a month ago. I so longed for that word!! She has had trouble hearing until recently when it suddenly cleared up so this may account for her late development of speech. My health visitor said they would not start worrying until she was 2 1/2.

This post has been edited by kimberley on Oct 24 2006, 07:27 PM
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0125 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]