Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This year was harder than the others...
mummy2girls
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

the Radiothon for the stollery hospital has hit me harder this year than the other 3 i heard.. i just cant seem to get everything that happened out of my head! I have been havign dreams about Jordan and i miss him so much! I just do not know why this has affected me this much and hasnt the other years... dunno.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif Shelly you just lost another baby, so I think this is why it is hitting you so hard! I'm so sorry you have to suffer like this, I can't even imagine what it is like to loose a child. You are a very strong women and I have always admired you! Sending you lots and lots of hugs! hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mummy2girls
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Mar 31 2006, 11:21 PM)
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif Shelly you just lost another baby, so I think this is why it is hitting you so hard! I'm so sorry you have to suffer like this, I can't even imagine what it is like to loose a child. You are a very strong women and I have always admired you! Sending you lots and lots of hugs! hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Thanks Kirsten! maby because i shared my story this year and got such a strong reaction from sean and the other dj's as well!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

Bee_Kay
Posted: Mar 31 2006, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

Shelly, I don't personally know what it's like to go through what you've been through, so I don't have advice.

I just want you to know that I have read just about everything you've written about Jordan and I find that your love for him continues to shine so brightly. I have sat here with tears streaming down my face as I read your words and somehow you manage to put into words the pain you feel.

You are truly an inspiration to everyone here Shelly. The strength you posess is something that is truly admired by many here.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Nina J
Posted: Apr 5 2006, 12:53 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

QUOTE (JennasMommy @ Mar 31 2006, 07:27 PM)
maby because i shared my story this year and got such a strong reaction from sean and the other dj's as well!

I think this is why. This year, you told your story to the radio. You talked about when you lost your son, you wrote what happened to you in your e-mail. Writing what happened, in a way, is sort of like re living it, KWIM? I've written about when relatives have died, and to me it's just so much more emotional than the thoughts in my head.

I can't even pretend to know what you went through. I only know, from losing loved ones, that the pain is something that goes on and continues to hurt in new ways. hug.gif

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
LoganAndAubreesMommy
Posted: Apr 7 2006, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,450

I've noticed that "hard/bad days" are triggered by things that you'd never expect. For instance, my sister's boss, who lost a child five years ago was experiencing a lot of grief over the five year aniversary of her baby's death. THAT triggered a lot of grief in me. (I'm around them a lot). My niece was born six weeks after my daughter was so they would be the same age. Every tiny milestone of my niece's life triggers an "episode". (I don't know what to call it!!) And it ALWAYS feels like it's happening all over again. This is something that people can't understand. People who've never experienced the loss of a child have the misconception that it gets "better" with time.....I overheard someone asking my sister how I was doing and she said "Not too good". The lady said, "Well, it's been almost a year, I thought she'd be ok by now". WOW....I realized then that people have NO CLUE!! Unless you've experienced the loss of a child you really have no idea what it's like.
PMEmail Poster
ashtonsmama
Posted: Apr 7 2006, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I can't imagine the pain and loss you all are going through...
sad.gif
I just wanted to say that I'm keeping you all in my prayers, no matter how recently or long ago you lost your babies, it doesn't make the pain go away or your feelings any less significant.
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0150 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]