Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Another funny comment, from my mom
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I'm not trying to poke fun at my mom, but paaaleeez...someone just make me feel better and tell me she is FALSE FALSE FALSE!! You all know the eating issues with Wesley. Still nursing exclusively...blah blah blah. My mom called on Saturday and asked her weekly question "is Wesley eating yet?". I should learn to just lie to her, but I said "nope". So she starts in with "Oh gosh, well are you starting to breastfeed him less like the doctor suggested and get him more on an eating schedule?" I told her NOPE, because he is NOT on an eating schedule, it isn't working, and I'm not going to starve him. So she goes on by saying "well I just think that your milk is probably thinning out since he is almost 10 months and doesn't have all the nutrients it once had, so that's why he is going down on the charts". growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif WTH?? Is this TRUE?? Please tell me it's not. PLEASE. So instead of getting mad at her and tell her to buzz off, I just say "I've NEVER heard that mom, my supply is just fine" and changed the subject. Oh and then get this....She then suggested I give him formula so that he gets those "lost" nutrients....hahahahahahaha! emlaugh.gif Sorry, not laughing at formula, but my mom's point is that formula will give him what she obviously believes is lacking in my BM. wacko.gif

I can't take it anymore you guys!!! I know, I know...stop listening to my mom...but you know how it is, easier said than done! bawling.gif

If she's right, well then gosh darnit, I really don't understand why they say to BF for at least a year. I'm obviously misinformed. Someone enlighten me?? Karen?

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I don't believe what your Mom says is true. But I have no facts. I know someone will answer soon. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

The only thing I've heard that is remotely close is that babies have their own supply of minerals and vitamins at birth that drop off after a period of time but I don't even know how true that is.

I'm sure she has good intentions but poor you, can't catch a break from anybody! hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster

amynicole21
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

After one year, BM is supposed to have less iron than what baby needs, but that is it. There is no truth to the rest of what she said. Sad how misinformed people are. sleep.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif I'm sorry!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Oh gosh, I've heard that one a bazillion times. tongue.gif It's funny what logic people conjure up just to make them feel like they know what they are talking about. rolleyes.gif You are doing awesome! I've BF two children, one who did and does eat everything and one who is teeny tiny and we go crazy over eating issues. BF too long, too much, etc has NOTHING to do with it. Stick your ground w/your mom. You are the mom and you are doing GREAT. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Mommy2BAK
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 843

hug.gif

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 9 2007, 09:21 PM)
Oh gosh, I've heard that one a bazillion times. tongue.gif It's funny what logic people conjure up just to make them feel like they know what they are talking about. rolleyes.gif You are doing awesome! I've BF two children, one who did and does eat everything and one who is teeny tiny and we go crazy over eating issues. BF too long, too much, etc has NOTHING to do with it. Stick your ground w/your mom. You are the mom and you are doing GREAT. thumb.gif

Thanks Karen! Thanks EVERYONE! My mom is a very intelligent concerned mother, but at the same time, I wish she would READ before making comments, especially about BF which she knows nothing about.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

I second what Karen said. hug.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
wcs40110
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 5,240

My baby is 6 mo and my doctor said shes dropping on the charts because this is when she starts making her body process the nutrients not mine so its going to drop and then hopefully go back up. I dont understand why people think formula is better than breastmilk... Why would something thats man made be better than what god made. I thought formula was made as a replacement...... ugh.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0119 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]