Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Avatars
TLCDad
Posted: Mar 28 2003, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Hello everyone. You can upload your avatars via the "My Controls". You can either upload it or enter the link to a website that holds the image (which is the preferred). The max file size for an uploaded avatar is 20KB. If your linking to an image on another website (URL), there is no limit to file size only the viewable size of 100x100.

If anyone ever needs help with their avatar feel free to email me your image to avatarhelp@parentingclub.com along with your member name and I will add your avatar for you. Please note I may need to crop it etc to get it to fit.
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 28 2003, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

thanks..........it took me a while but I figured it out, I was about to give up and ask but I got it as you can see..............smile.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 5 2003, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Member No.: 2

To get your avatar uploaded... go to "My Controls". There's a link at the top of the page. On the left side, click on Edit Avatar.
You can either pick a picture there, link to a picture on another site or you can upload a picture.

To use a custom picture:
If the picture you wan to use is already on a web site somewhere, then all you have to do is type in the web site address in the box that says http://

If the picture is saved on your computer, use the "browse" button to find the picture on your computer. Note, there is a file size limit, so if it is too large, you may need to crop it. If you are not sure how to do this, then feel free to email avatarhelp@parentingclub.com and TLCDad will crop it for you.

HTH. We've had a lot of questions on this, so I am pinning this topic for a while.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 17 2003, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Just some added information:

The file size limit for an avatar is 20KB. However the viewable size limit is 100x100 pixels.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

TLCDad
Posted: Apr 17 2003, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

If your image is larger than 100x100 pixels the software will compress it when viewed. This can sometimes cause stretching, etc. You should crop it proportionally within this pixel size limit before uploading and enter the exact pixel width x height. Or email avatarhelp@parentingclub.com and we can edit your image for you. I occasionally will go into the avatars storage and fix any that are noticably being stretched, etc.

Also, if you have an image on another website you can also link directly to the URL of the image. If the image looks stretched just go into your avatar settings and set the proportional pixel dimensions within 100x100. For example if your image is actually 300x150 pixels on your website you would set the pixel width x height to 100x50.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at avatarhelp@parentingclub.com. Please include your username in the email.
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: May 5 2003, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Just bumping this one up for our new members. thumb.gif

PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 6 2003, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

Some had wrote about pictures in your signature but I cant figure out how. Could some please explain how. I have a web page but there is a bunch of pictures on it
Thank You
PM
TLCDad
Posted: May 6 2003, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (MoMMy2Madison @ May 6 2003, 06:51 PM)
Some had wrote about pictures in your signature but I cant figure out how. Could some please explain how. I have a web page but there is a bunch of pictures on it
Thank You

When you edit your signature you can use the IMG button and link directly to the URL of your picture. However; to be kind to our modem (dialup) users and for screen realstate, please make sure to use only one image file with a viewable size of no larger than 400pixels wide and 250 pixels tall (a very good size is 300x225). If you want you can email me the link to the image and I will check its size and if its too large I can resize it for you and email it back.
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: May 6 2003, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Checking on what I posted here before I do anything else - may be a boo boo on my part - sorry!

This post has been edited by supermom on May 6 2003, 07:24 PM

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 6 2003, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I went to my controls and then edit profile info and I can't find anywhere that says custom member title . Are you sure thats where it is .
PM
KatieLeigh79
Posted: Jun 25 2003, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 41

Wanted to test and see if i did it right smile.gif Wasn't sure if it was okay to post this here or not, if its a problem delete it smile.gif

This post has been edited by KatieLeigh79 on Jun 25 2003, 03:27 PM

--------------------
Wife to Todd 9/16/00
Mommy to John Robert 5/23/03

"Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights, before the dark hour of reason grows."

Lilypie Baby Days
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 25 2003, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

horray.gif horray.gif Looks like you got it!

What a cutie pie! biggrin.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

Shooter
Posted: Aug 20 2003, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 217

Ok, a little input please. smile.gif

I've changed the size on my guy over here, but he still looks a little blurry...and I'm not sure that it's due to the display here doing anything to mess with it. Could it be my scanner? The picture quality itself? hmmm wacko.gif

thanks blush.gif
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 20 2003, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Shooter,

I think you need to adjust the width... the pic is being stretch. You have to manually input the deminsions if your pic is not exactly 100 pixels by 100 pixels. Under Avatar settings, there is a place for you to enter the deminsions. If you do not enter anything, it defaults to 100 X 100.

In order to keep the picture from distorting, you need to keep the deminsions proportional to your original picture. So, if your pic was originally 400 X 400, you would enter 100 X 100. However most pictures are not square. So, if you picture was originally 800 X 600, then you would need to enter the deminsions 100 X 75.

You probabley already know this, but to get the correct deminsion, use the largest number and convert it to 100 as your common denominator. Soo, for a picture that is 800 X 600, you would divide the first number (800) by 8 to get 100. Since divided the first number by 8, you need to divide the second number(600) by 8 as well to get 75. Does that make sense?

Or, you can take the easy way, and let your photo software do the math. If you make either the width or the heigth 100, then you should be able to view the image size somehow (depending on the photo software) and it should show the correct number of pixels for the width or height.

HTH.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 21 2003, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

QUOTE (Shooter @ Aug 20 2003, 08:56 PM)
Ok, a little input please. smile.gif

I've changed the size on my guy over here, but he still looks a little blurry...and I'm not sure that it's due to the display here doing anything to mess with it. Could it be my scanner? The picture quality itself? hmmm wacko.gif

thanks blush.gif

It looks like you fixed it to me... how's it look to you? He's definitely a cutie!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

Shooter
Posted: Aug 22 2003, 04:14 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

I did alter the size a little, but the picture still looks a little fuzzy to me. (maybe it's my eyes... rolling_smile.gif )

With pictures like yours, are you scanning those from regular pictures or are you loading them directly like from a digital camera? The quality of yours just looks better/clearer.
PM
supermom
Posted: Aug 22 2003, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

I loaded mine from a digital pic, but when you make them into the animated one, it does detract somewhat from the quality because it makes them into a different type of file (with a total of only 256 colors instead of 16Million!)

But it does still look a little fuzzy? If you are scanning them in, you might try scanning at a little higher resolution before you resize to the proper avitar size before you upload. If you'd like me to give it a try, you can send the un-altered scan to supermom@fament.com and I'll see if I can give it a shot. He really is a little cutie!

Oh, and I read your other post about quitting at another board - why don't you join us as a mod here? Not much work to do, everyone here is pretty peaceful and quiet - teehee - or at least peaceful! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
Shooter
Posted: Aug 22 2003, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

I really appreciate the offer, Beverly, and I will keep it in mind. To be fair, though, I think I will wait awhile because I have alot of stuff here at work that is going to be changing around over the next few months and I probably need to make sure what all that's going to entail first. It may significantly impact how much time I will be able to pop by while I'm at work and I don't like to assume a moderator status if I don't know that I'll be able to get by here a decent amount of time during the day, KWIM? I was what they called a "Global Moderator" at this other site. There was the Administrator, the Globals, then the regular Moderators there. I started as mod of the Dad's forum and the general chit chat area, then was promoted up to Global, so I scanned the whole board.

Anyway, back to topic, thanks for the advice on the picture. I will try and mess with it some at home perhaps over this weekend. biggrin.gif
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 22 2003, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Shooter, let us know if things slow down and you become interested in moderating. We're glad you decided to join us here!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

Shooter
Posted: Aug 22 2003, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Will do, Dee Dee, and thanks! biggrin.gif
PM
+Zemirah+
Posted: Aug 31 2003, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 51

WAH! What I want to use as an Avatar pic is obviously WAY too big. sad.gif It's warped LOL. Would resizing it keep it from being all warped and fuzzy?

--------------------
Blessings,
Zem

Loving all our many babies... 6 born into my arms and 4 born into Heaven from my womb
PM
+Zemirah+
Posted: Aug 31 2003, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 51

Well nevermind. Resizing it only made it worse. I may just have to put the pics on a hosting site and link to them. wacko.gif

--------------------
Blessings,
Zem

Loving all our many babies... 6 born into my arms and 4 born into Heaven from my womb
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 21 2003, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I was wondering how you could add text to you avatar!?!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

You have to have a editing program. I can help you if you like. Do you have a pic that you want to say something on, if so you can send it to momme2maddie@netscape.net and let me know what you would like it to say..... smile.gif
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 22 2003, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

oh well i dont want you to go out of your way i was j/w cause i would like to say stuff like yours says happy halloween and i dont know what i would want mine to say....oh well thanks!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0154 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]