Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> husband going to iraq
armymum19
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,270

hey everyone... im new to this whole message board thing... not to mention the being pregnant thing. im 20 yrs old, just recently married... and found out im preggs with our first child, due in march.

my husband and i are both in the army and he is getting ready to deploy to iraq. therefore, im going to have to go through this whole thing alone.

i just want to know what to expect, what to worry about, things that help with all-day sickness (ive found that there is NO such thing as just "morning"sickness) laugh.gif any advice will help.

well, i will post later. thanx in advance mummies.

--------------------
baby Awaiting Jacen Scott.
PMEmail Poster
Sarah&Mackenzie
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,956

I had "ANYTIME" sickness too when I was pg!! puke.gif There wasn't really anything I did for it, just let it run its course so to speak. I am so sorry that your DH is going to Iraq, I will pray for your family and have a Happy and Healthy 9 Months!!! baby.gif Oh, and WELCOME welcome.gif

--------------------
Photobucket
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
jacobsmama
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

Sorry to hear about hubby going to Iraq but I know you will get through all of this. He will have a wonderful family to come home to. I had morning sickness whole preg all time too. your doc can give your rx to help with that so you can function. Also you can try B12 and dramamine OTC. I'm a nurse at OBGYN dont know if that stuff works but they are just options I know about good luck. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN

armymum19
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

thank you so much!!! i have my first ob appt. on the 2nd... so i will ask my doc for some meds.

This post has been edited by armymum19 on Jul 26 2005, 02:05 PM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
huggybugboy
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

I love my snuggle bug!

Member No.: 1,953

Hi and welcome! I am so sorry to hear about your husband going to Iraq. My brother is going in December. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I didn't have morning sickness too bad. It all went away by the second trimester. My problem was back pain. But it's all worth it! Soon you'll have a beautiful baby!! Do you know what day youre due in March? Mine was born the 28th (due the 30th) Good luck to you. hug.gif

--------------------
Katie & Josh: Married 7.14.01
Mommy and Daddy to: Miles Benjamin, born 3.28.05

I've been splatted!
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 26 2005, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Congratulations and WELCOME!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mammag
Posted: Jul 27 2005, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

welcome.gif Glad to have you hear. Sorry your husband has to go to Iraq but tell him thanks from me! My sisters husband was in Afghanistan for a year so I know it will be hard but appreciate the sacrifice you will be making!

Pop in anytime for advice or just some chatter with fellow parents!

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
armymum19
Posted: Jul 27 2005, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

it kind of bites that there seems to be no cure for my all day sickness, i just cant wait to have my little one in my arms. Oh... sorry i didnt say this earlier, im due on the 13th of march. Kind of scary... but its exciting nonetheless. smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Jul 27 2005, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Hi....my husband is also in the Army. He use to be infantry, but now he is a recruiter trainer. We are stationed at Ft. Knox. Welcome to the board. Tip for morning sickness....try eating something before you feel hungry. I would get really sick if I didn't eat until I felt hungry.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
armymum19
Posted: Jul 27 2005, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>thank you so much... My husband and i are both stationed in Ft. Carson. We are both Intelligence Analysts. I met him in AIT... but anyway, i WILL try that. starting today! bump.gif </span>

This post has been edited by armymum19 on Jul 27 2005, 07:46 AM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
paradisemommy
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Brother/Sister Love :)

Member No.: 142

hi and welcome!! wavey.gif

i'm not sure if you have any motherhood stores by you but they carry lollipops that are supposed to help with m/s..i think they are called preggo pops or something like that..i also heard ginseng works to curve it and i was just going to suggest to carry crackers with you at all times, just in case it hits you..

--------------------
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 02:58 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Good suggestions Tammy. You can order the preggo pops online too. I drank ginger tea when I was feeling ill & when it got really bad, I'd pop a small piece of candied ginger & chew on that.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Hi, welcome and thanks to your hubbies military ladies for all they do for this country!! Happy 9 months armymum19!! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
armymum19
  Posted: Jul 29 2005, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

wow! this is probably the best advice ive gotten yet! i do try the whole cracker thing, but i just throw them up. are these lollipops good? or do they taste really gross? im willing to try! puke.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 212

welcome.gif My hubby is in the Air Force and he's intel as well. We are stationed in at Hickam AFB Hawaii at the moment but will be PCSing to Ft Meade in a bout a month. Congradulations on your pregnancy! I'm sorry to hear that your hubby is heading for Iraq, but you have come to a eally great an supportive place. As for the morning sickness which I used to get in the afternoon. I would drink some pepermint tea. Eating before you get really hungry is a big help too. Welcome again and a Happy and Healthy 9 months to you.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
armymum19
Posted: Jul 30 2005, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

thank you so much! i was supposed to go to Ft. Meade for some intel training, but lucked out because the roster was already full... i didnt really mind. thank you so much for the advice... i just bought some tea today. peppermint infact. so i will be sure to heat some up asap. thanks again! biggrin.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Jul 30 2005, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

Hi wavey.gif Sorry about dh leaving, luckily you will have someone else to help occupy your time until he comes home. My 2 best friends dh's (also my 2 next door neighbors) are out of Schriever and Peterson.
I had the all day sickness too with both of my kids nothing really helped me, the perscriptions just made me feel drugged and sleepy but I was throwing up just as much. Coke seemed to help a little even though the books say it should make it worse, and the Preggo pops weren't out yet but Jolly Ranchers helped a lot in the last trimester I went through a big bag in like 2 weeks. Other people swear by Ginger in whatever form you can stomach it and flat 7-up. Good luck and can't wait to get to know you better

There are a couple of us in here from the springs so let us know if you need anything!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
armymum19
Posted: Jul 31 2005, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

wow! youre so close! thats awesome! rolling_smile.gif thank you so much for your advice! i need so much... i just went out last night and got jenny mcarthy's book- Belly Laughs. i loved it. it made me laugh so much and finished it in one sitting. i also got What to Expect When You Are Expecting... that one is okay, but it seems more like an encyclopedia. i like the real life stories that i can compare with my own experiences... know what i mean? well anyway, thanks again! you ladies are all amazing. love2.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
stetsteam
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,543

My husband and I are both in the Airforce so I know what it can be like when one goes away. I am also preg for the first time and I know how scary it can be!
Thankfully my hubby gets to miss out on this deployment due to the baby.
As for the sickness, I was gettting night sickness. My cure was to eat all the time. I was constantly munching on stuff (healthy of course) so that I always something in my belly and that seemed to make mine go away.
good luck to you and god bless you and your hubby! wavey.gif
PMEmail Poster
armymum19
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

I just got out of the Army on the 1st. Now I don't know what to do. I wish the army was like the Air Force and would let Steve stay home because of the baby, but unfortunately, the Army hates everyone, and he won't get to meet his child face-to-face until it is 10 months old. It hurt really bad, but I know it will just make our family stronger. Thanx for the encouragement. wub.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I just wanted to say that I've been through two pregnancies nearly all on my own without my dh. He's in the military also. He's also away right now in Afghanistan. Good Luck on your pregnancy and best wishes to your husband. You're in the right place for questions and answers, and these women are some of the best you'll find around. Welcome to the club wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
armymum19
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

thank you for your support. its nice to know that there are so many women out there that are going through the same thing i am, that im not alone. thank you.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Newtothis
Posted: Sep 25 2005, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,519

hug.gif
Both my husband and myself have been there far too many times, so I can see the difficulties and daily obstacles from both sides... And I can gaurantee you that thoughts of you and family occupy his mind almost every waking moment. For all that we go through here in the states being alone, pregnant and emotional, he is even more alone and lost over there with very little that is familiar, comfortable, or comforting around. Hang in there, because for some reason while the days will drag by when he's gone, in the end it will seem as if he was hardly gone for any length of time at all. It will get better, I promise you.
smile.gif

PS- AF men dont get to stay home when their wives are pregnant, although in high-risk cases exceptions are sometimes made.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0149 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]