Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Only use all natural cleaners
pamom2
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,957

I have converted my whole house over to all natural/ green cleaners, soaps, toothpastes, etc. I have been doing a lot of research on this and when I received a email about the different toxins that were in the everyday cleaners and things that we use I was horrified. I was shocked to find out that a chemical that is in an all purpose cleaner is also used in rat poison. Scary stuff!
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

you have to be really careful about some " green" cleaners too. There is a lot of greenwashing that goes on as larger companies jump onto the bandwagon.

I have converted to making all my own cleaners and love it. i can't really say it has saved me any $ or anything, but I feel a lot better about what I am spraying around my house for my family to be ingesting and breathing in.
PM
jcc64
Posted: Feb 28 2010, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I think you can do a whole lot with vinegar and baking soda. And ita with Tara about "green" cleaners, especially the ones you find on supermarket shelves. A lot of it is just a marketing scam. I belonged briefly to a buyers' club for healthy cleaning products, but they had a monthly minimum, and it got ridiculous after awhile--I just didn't need to buy so much so frequently. But the stuff was GREAT--I think it was called Melaluca. I'm sure you can google it.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 1 2010, 06:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Feb 28 2010, 10:02 PM)
I think you can do a whole lot with vinegar and baking soda.

thumb.gif I used to hate the smell of vinegar, but I LOVE using it to clean and do laundry with and now don't even bother with the smell. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 1 2010, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 1 2010, 09:01 AM)
I think you can do a whole lot with vinegar and baking soda.

thumb.gif I used to hate the smell of vinegar, but I LOVE using it to clean and do laundry with and now don't even bother with the smell. happy.gif

yeah, I don't really notice the smell either. I do add a few drops of essential oil to the mix when I mop the floor or clean the toilets, I love using lemon, peppermint or lavender.
PM
JeannetteK
Posted: Mar 1 2010, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,950

I'm slowing converting to a gluten free household. I think it's the best move with all Eliana's health issues. What products are you using?

--------------------
Jeannette
Eliana 11.14.04
Caroline 3.8.05
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 4 2010, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

I think you can do a whole lot with vinegar and baking soda. And ita with Tara about "green" cleaners, especially the ones you find on supermarket shelves. A lot of it is just a marketing scam. I belonged briefly to a buyers' club for healthy cleaning products, but they had a monthly minimum, and it got ridiculous after awhile--I just didn't need to buy so much so frequently. But the stuff was GREAT--I think it was called Melaluca. I'm sure you can google it.

Yeah, Melaleuca.

I have a few of their things left over too. happy.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0119 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]