Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> struggling, ttc
madaise
Posted: Mar 11 2003, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

AF finally found me last month after having none since Teigen's birth. I had originally wanted to ttc in Feb.. well, there was no way that was going to pan out. Now it's March.. and I'm just not sure where we are right now. I just don't want another pregnancy through the winter. I'd had hopes of having a baby in late fall or so.

So that's one issue.. the other is do I really want to go through it one more time. I soooo enjoyed my pregnancy with Teigen.. But I was pregnant two years in a row. Teigen was my 4th full term pregnancy.. I feel like I just want to get it over with. I know that just sounds terrible and so against everything I want to feel. But I want it done, baby in arms. emlaugh.gif

Is there anything that helped you decide when was a good time for the first, or next baby?

--------------------
Judi
momma to Cas, Em, Tege, Jordan & Ry
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Mar 11 2003, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

<HUGS> I can't offer any advice here... my first pregnancy wasn't planned. The second time, we knew we wanted to try again, but we didn't get pregnant for a while. So,we just said that if it was meant to be, then it would happen -- and it must have been meant to be because Ashley is sooo perfect.

I was "really" pregnant in the summer, Ashley was born early September. Most people said I would hate it, but I didn't mind. That's what Air Conditioning is for!
I've only had experience with pregnancy during summer/fall but the timing seemed great for me.

I don't know if I have helped -- I've mostly rambled. Good luck -- I am sure whatever you do, it will work out great!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
TLCDad
Posted: Mar 11 2003, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

wub.gif I've always wanted to have two children -- A Boy and a girl..... And although our boy is an Angel in heaven watching down on us, thats what we have. We talked about having another child but if we do I think we will probably wait until Ashley is older.

PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: Mar 11 2003, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Hi Madaise
I'm with Mommy here, both my pregnancy's were unplanned, I ended up being 7 months pregnant with my first all through july and august and it didn't really bug me at all. This time I will be due in mid July, I guess we'll see how things will work out. I'm at 5 months now and want it over with, I'm so excited with the thought of holding another precious baby in my arms and watching him grow. Either way I wish you luck with your decision . sunflower.gif I'm sure whatever it is, things will work out for the best.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: Mar 11 2003, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Dear Madaise:
Hugs from me too. I started my "new" family with my new husband 4 years ago (when I was 40). This time we planned on having one as soon as we could get pregnant (we didn't start until 3 mos after we were married, because he was still in Sweden) but we were pregnant within 3 weeks of being "permanently" together. He was born almost 3 years ago, and we have been trying to get pregnant again for almost a year before it finally happened. I am now almost 17 weeks along with my 6th child, and feel this time the spacing is a bit better. Anders is old enough to understand a little more, and also a bit more helpful (over the "terrible twos" smile.gif ) and much more settled than I think he would have been at 2.

So, deciding and having your body cooperate are sometimes two totally and completely different things and life can throw you a curve ball or two, but just keep up your spirits, keep hoping for the best!! From the sounds of it, you would really LOVE to have another one, and from what I have read about you on your site and such you had such a wonderful pregnancy with your children. I think that once you have that wonderful feeling of life in you, that your mood will uplift and you will welcome this as much as you have all of the others!

Sorry to be so long winded - hugs and support going out to you.......

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
madaise
Posted: Mar 12 2003, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Thanks everyone. I do want another one. And Supermom, I soooo understand about our minds and bodies being on two different pages. When my dh and I got married ( my girls are from my first marriage) we thought we'd get pregnant.... it wasn't so easy.

This time, I know I want another child, but am not wanting to wait to long. Really, I'd like a fall baby, Sept, Oct, Nov... but this year is out, next year we are going to Disney World.. although... I did have a UC here at home.. wouldn't it be awesome to have a baby at the Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge, lol. Ok, so I'm really not up for that... Either I have to change my preferences, or wait. :: stomping feet :: I don't wanna wait! rolling_smile.gif

We'll figure it out, or it will figure itself out, huh? Thanks again!

--------------------
Judi
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Mar 14 2003, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Member No.: 2

Madaise, at least you've figured out the toughest part -- You definitely want to have another one. For me, that is the biggest struggle. Now, you just have to figure out when. I think September saphires are awesome -- but my opinion might be a little biased seeing that Ashley was born Sept. 5

P.S. Disney is also great in late Sept/Oct. We went to Disney/MGM/Universal Studios this time of the year and we never waited in line. Some rides we got off of and got right back on!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
madaise
Posted: Mar 14 2003, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

I know all about Disney in late Sept, lol! That's when we went too.. I have pictures of us at MK and there are NO people in them, but us! It was awesome!

--------------------
Judi

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0196 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]