Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I want to get this forum going
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 824

I think Teenagers are fun, and scarey all the same time. I want to liven this forum up. I know I need all the help I can get. In just normal day to day life. Nothing I say to my teenagers comes out right..and I know nothing.

Let's be there for each other!

--------------------
PM
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

ha I know what you mean
Mine look at me like I have 3 heads
and I have 2 ages 11 and 15 and 2 older ones 18 and 20 and they are all the same ages meaning they all act the same nothing nothing changes with age thats for sure lol
the 20 year old will try to reason with me the more he trys the more I get p*ssed lol

This post has been edited by gr33n3y3z on Mar 15 2005, 12:56 PM

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

The 15 year old female gets ticked off when I say no she cant go here or do that
The phone rings none stop from 3:15 to 10pm and I told the kids no phone calls after 9pm any more.
The 11 year old is the only one who listens to me but she doesnt like to do house chores LOL

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

jcc64
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

When I ask my almost 13 yr old how his day was, he says, "Whadda you mean?" Kinda hard to get the conversation started with that one. wacko.gif

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

or they say it was ooooookkkkkkkkk
then your like what happend lol

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

PMICQAOLMSN
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

You know to be honest I worry more about my kids now then when we they were babies. I just sit and worry and wonder what I did wrong. I can't make any one happy and when did I become a big DORK?

I used to be cool, I use to dress cool, and know the latest dance moves. When did I become this person that is the worst person to talk too?

--------------------
PM
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

you are cool and hip and dress nice .... nothing has changed with you its the kids who change and I guess we dont want them to.
My son will go shopping with me 18 years old bc he knows I will buy him something and I will try something on and he is like you look like an old fart get something more stylish it will make you look good and young. I'm thinking everyday I get older you think clothes are going to help that LOL
But I think they get lost in there own little world sometimes and just dont think.
I'm like you I worry about them more now then I ever did since I have 2 driving and hubby working 2 full time jobs and I'm scared shitless I'm going to get a phone call and I'm going to have to take that call.
We always talk at the dinner table thats where I find out the most info on everyone so this way everyone is included in the conversations just flow right out of everyones mouth maybe you should give that a try smile.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

PMICQAOLMSN
loveydad
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I post here all the time LOL

My kids think I'm cool stuill *LAUGHING* hahah. Henry and I dress about the same, jeans and a tshirt so he can't say much! He's so grown up for his age. once i came out of my room and he was downstairs we were BOTH wearing plain whit etshirts with jeans LOL

we tend to share socks too. just cause it's easier than sorting them out. Instead of sorting the kid's socks out, I just put them in a little basket and they find theres LOL cept the babies.

he talks to me a lot actually. we're kind of on teh same level, had kids about the same age. *shrugging* Henry and I started out close, kind of lost each other for a while, and are close again.
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 16 2005, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

I don't have a teenager..... but I have a teenage brother, and I'm not that far off from being a teenager myself. I'm still in that "generation"..... and maybe I can offer some "insight" from the teenager's perspective....

wub.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mommy2owen
Posted: Mar 16 2005, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I have quite a few teenage syblings and we are all very close...they tell me anything and everything that's on their mind!
GavinsMommy
Posted: Mar 16 2005, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Member No.: 878

I'm 18...and it shows. Lol...I'm indecisive...a characteristic of the young. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Chrisport
Posted: Mar 16 2005, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,479

Still have a few months before Jason is 13, but ill be listening!
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Mar 16 2005, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I am married to a 45 year old teenage...................can I be of any help?

LOLOL, sorry!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
cindy_82461
Posted: Apr 9 2005, 04:01 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,699

ok....so lets talk about that phone thing a little more....

We also have a rule, no phone calls after 9 pm...so what does the 16 yr old daughter do? calls someone at 8:55 and expects she can stay on the phone forever? uhhh that'd be a NO.

so then...she resorts to her cell phone....her father gets the bill the next month and says...young lady, why were you on the phone till 11:30 some nights?

So now...since the cell phone is in our room after 9 pm...heh...she's found yet another way around it...she uses the laptop computer, says shes using it for 'homework'...and keeps the darned instant message program up and running.

I tell ya, did we need this much communication with our friends at that age, cause I don't recall needing to talk that much !!

~Cindy~
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]