Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> dollar pregnancy test ??
desj
  Posted: Feb 26 2008, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,003

ok i took a Dollar pregnancy test with my fmu, i looked and never seen a line so i tossed it on top of the garbage can and went back to bed....then i decided to pick it up again and look at it a 4 hours later and when i did i saw a faint line to show a positive ..... then i go back and read the box and it says anything after 10 minutes is INVALID ... so yes i would think to just discard the results and yes i will take another one tomorrow morning but it will be a First Response or another name brand i am due to start my period this saturday and i have had a lil spotting this past saturday and sunday but very very lilttle ...my question is why would it show up as a faint postive later (unless it was faint and i was to tired to notice) if i am not pregnant? i thought it only registered a line of any kind if one was to be pregnant ? i am now nervous and anxious wantin to tell someone and i really should wait till husband gets home so which is why i am asking this question while i wait....

PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Feb 26 2008, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

It's called an evaporation line - they trick you every time!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
TrulyBlessed
Posted: Feb 26 2008, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 19,989

I found out I was pregnant with this child with a dollar store test! LOL!! I did work in my case.

However, back in August, I thought I was pregnant and I started taking a pregnancy test every day a week before my period. Well, one day I have two (First Response) pregnancy tests show a very faint line that I was pregnant. The next day I took another one and it showed negative. Two days later, I went to the doctor to have a blood test to find out what was going on. The next morning I woke up bleeding very heavy and I was devastated. What happened was a "chemical pregnancy". The egg was fertilized, thus releasing the hormone for the test to pick up. But the egg did not attach itself to the Uterine wall like it should have and was release from my body. My doctor said this is a frequent thing among women and that is why the do not want you testing early and recommend that you wait until after your missed period, but I have no patience! LOL!!
PMEmail Poster

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 26 2008, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

This happened to me not too long ago. I posted about it as a matter of fact. I got a faint positive after about 10 minutes or so. So I retested three more times and all were negative. And I'm about a month late. Still negative. I'm going to the doc on Thursday, but just wanted to let you know that it is most likely an evaporation line. Retest in a couple days and KUP.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
desj
Posted: Feb 26 2008, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 20,003

Well i bought a midstream pregnancy test and i am goin to retest with my fmu tomorrow, i am crossing my fingers unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0164 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]