Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> has anyone experienced this before?, long....
cameragirl21
Posted: May 14 2007, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,205

ok, so this was so weird, wonder if any of you have had this or heard of it.
ok, so i have been going to these classes about fat burning and health and they talk about metabolic eating--fast vs slow oxidation. simply put, fast oxidizers need more proteins and fats and minimal carbs, which would obviously be a nightmare for me as a vegetarian. slow is the opposite--tons of carbs and when i say carbs i mean fruits and veggies, not pasta and bread wink.gif and minimal protein and minimal fats. there is also what is called a balanced oxidizer who eats half carbs to one quarter protein and one quarter fat, similar to the South Beach Diet and the Zone Diet.
ok, so i seem to be a slow oxidizer, which would explain why i never really liked meat, even before i became a vegetarian i was never fond of meat...sure i liked mcd's hamburgers and mcnuggets and TG turkey and occasional gyros but giving them up wasn't that difficult and for the most part, my parents forced me to eat meat against my will when i was little. that said, i now live on fruits and veggies, with some nuts for fat and fish (which i do eat) and eggs for protein. however, i'm still not sure if i'm a slow, fast, or balanced so i've been experimenting a bit...when i ate like a fast oxidizer (scallops and shrimp with curry) i was hyper and jumpy, which suggests that was the wrong food.
anyway, i digress but there is a reason why i brought up all of the above. so this morning, i added some protein (nonfat, organic yogurt) to my usual banana with walnuts breakfast and i didn't sleep much last night or the night before so i was very tired and cranky. in principle, i tend to be anxious, jittery and easily angered and find myself lashing out in traffic and just snapping at people to the point of overreacting sometimes which is a sign of unbalanced blood sugar which causes these feelings.
so i had a networking luncheon today with an assistant. i was so tired and cranky when i got there and someone was serving cappucino. i HATE coffee and hot drinks in general and i just plain don't like bitterness so i never drink coffee unless i'm drunk and have to sober up fast OR when i was cramming for exams back in my school days. i can't remember the last time i had coffee so i should have minimal (at best) caffeine tolerance...or so you would think.
i had one cappucino thinking it would wake me up and oddly i kind of liked it and i went for a second one. ok, here is where it gets odd--it COMPLETELY mellowed me out, i mean i was so calm that even my assistant noticed that i was oddly non anxious and bothered by nothing even though several things went wrong today...where i would normally have lost it completely i was nearly unfazed by things that happened today. on top of it, i was completely not hungry...i asked for a veggie meal which consisted of pasta which i absolutely LOVE and swore off as part of my diet and i didn't want it...my assistant ate her filet mignon and most of my pasta...i had a few bites. i didn't like dessert, which is odd because i have a major sweet tooth and didn't want anything, not the bread which i normally devour or anything...i barely touched my food and normally i eat double what others eat. i was fine, mellow and calm for the rest of the day and had no appetite for the rest of the day.
so i called the teacher of those classes i've been taking to see if it had any bearing on my oxidation speed and wondered if i should start drinking morning coffee from now on even if i don't like it because of how it calmed me and all and tbh, if i ate everyday like i did today i'd have jessica alba's body in no time...i hardly ate at all and didn't want anything. but the teacher said it means my adrenals are overloaded and that i shouldn't drink coffee ever again. huh.gif wth does that mean?! how would i know if my adrenals are overloaded...does anyone get totally calmed by coffee and completely lose your appetite for the whole day?
sorry this got long, just wanted to relay all the info....thanks. blush.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0119 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]