Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ok, its been a year......, cant lose the baby weight!
MommytoTommy
Posted: May 7 2007, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,822

arite, i was one of those people that ate everything under the sun while i was pregnant and i ballooned outwards. then i had my son, and i cant seem to lose the weight! everything on me is twice as big. its so sad. i even have stretchmarks on the backs of my knees!!!
my ? is: how did everyone lose their baby weight? (especially the flab around the stomach) i am not one to exercise like those people i see everyday at the gym, and in those workout videos. but dont get me wrong...im not a couch potato, its just hard to get motivated!
any advice??? help me!!!
PMEmail PosterAOL
Calimama
Posted: May 8 2007, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

Portion control, exercise, and water. Cut out sodas and fast food and you should see a big difference as well. Good luck! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: May 9 2007, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

Like Denise said, watch your portions and drink LOTS of water! Take your baby for a walk everynight in the stroller... Some one once told me that drinking a gallon of water a day is equivalent to running 5 miles (not with building muscle but the effects it has on your metabolism) I'm sure you'll lose it running after your baby soon enough! I feel your pain though, I still have a big gut and about 20 pounds to go to get back to where I was... Very frustrating!

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: May 9 2007, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hug.gif dont feel bad Kaitl is over 4 yrs old and I had about 5lbs to still ose then I gained and now back to losing. I try and walk 1 mile a day, what what and how much I eat, and drink more water. IMO its so much easier to gain than to lose. Well for me anyway.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 9 2007, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I am nearly 10 pounds lighter than I was when I got PG with my fist child, and i STILL have tummy flab. dry.gif I'm on the low side of my ideal body weight, and its still there. I think I am stuck with it for life.
If you want a horrible impossible diet that totally works, I've got one, but you have to be extremely motivated to do it.
PM
MommytoTommy
Posted: May 10 2007, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

haha rite about now im ready to try anything! it just makes me sick looking at my body now and how it was before. it was DEF. easier to gain it than to lose it. ill be as motivated as i have to be! and ive cut out most of the sodas i drink recently per yer advice. i drink coke zero (it is pretty good) for my glass a day or so.
lay it on me!
PMEmail PosterAOL
PrairieMom
Posted: May 10 2007, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (MommytoTommy @ May 10 2007, 11:07 AM)
haha rite about now im ready to try anything! it just makes me sick looking at my body now and how it was before. it was DEF. easier to gain it than to lose it. ill be as motivated as i have to be! and ive cut out most of the sodas i drink recently per yer advice. i drink coke zero (it is pretty good) for my glass a day or so.
lay it on me!

I lost about 15 pounds on this elimination diet. Basically you can't eat anything. Its like Atkins on crack. laugh.gif

no:
sugar of any kind, even artificial, or natural, or fruit sugars.
no fruit
no vinegar, including things vinegar is in like condiments, so no ketchup, mayo, pickles, BBQ sauce etc.
no corn, soy, or wheat, or dairy
eat all foods in as close to their original state as possible, no processed foods.
basically that leaves you with fresh or frozen veggies, nuts,(not peanuts or peanut butter) and meat.
drink only water, or unsweetened herbal tea

laugh.gif I have done it for over 4 months now. its totally horrible, and actually, I have gotten to the point where I am so depressed over the darn diet, that I would just prefer to to not eat at all. on the up side, I am skinnier. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
PM
Calimama
Posted: May 10 2007, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ May 10 2007, 09:32 AM)
Basically you can't eat anything. Its like Atkins on crack. laugh.gif

ROFL. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
MommytoTommy
Posted: May 11 2007, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

oh wow! you literally cant eat anything!!! i think ill TRY and do it, the only hard part is that i work in a restaurant and it might be a lil hard to get the cooks to give me something different than what they put up in the cafe. oh well... wish me luck!!!
PMEmail PosterAOL
PrairieMom
Posted: May 11 2007, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (MommytoTommy @ May 11 2007, 10:46 AM)
oh wow! you literally cant eat anything!!! i think ill TRY and do it, the only hard part is that i work in a restaurant and it might be a lil hard to get the cooks to give me something different than what they put up in the cafe. oh well... wish me luck!!!

yeah, I wasn't kidding. laugh.gif Its a real challenge. I am learning more and more every day about just how many things we eat aren't good for you, even things that we think are "healthy"
Believe me, I wish I could eat like a "normal" person again. I tell Dh that I am the most reluctant hippie. tongue.gif
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0155 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]