Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I need some help with a schedule, baby wise sleep solutions
moped
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 19 2009, 11:32 AM)
yes I read the info. I just wasnt sure what to do this am, because I hadnt really decided if I was going with one nap or two, but I do think he needs to. and trying to fit it into the schedule..also I wasnt sure if there was supposed to be a certain amount of hours between morning wake time and first nap..he just got up at 6am I thought it seems early to put him down 8am..but he did take a short nap.
he is still also refusing to eat, so I wasnt sure how hard to push him today when he needs to eat, I am not sure anymore if he is crying because he is hungry or tired. or both..
I am really frustrated, but struggling along.
I know he is tired he looks terrible, so he just went in for nap, and I will leave him in there for two hours.
I dont feel like i have started a good schedule today.

Ok, you are only on day 2, so keep in mind there is more frustration to come - it took a long time for my kids to ge thte naps figured out but eventually they did.........he is going ot be tired and cranky - there is a lot going on for him.

Hang in there

What has he eaten?

FYI - Laila wakes up at 7 and naps at 9 am and then is VERY ready for bed by 2pm. So a couple hours awake is good for them, but she is just 13 months.....so I would say 2.5 hours is enough for him in the morning

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

he has had one 6 ounce of yogurt and then one 6 ounce bottle with rice.thats it ..
and some sips from the sippy. I gave in on the bottle because he is just so cranky and out of sorts..
he is throwing and hitting at anything i get near him for food.

nap is going bad..he has been crying for one hour so far and is only supposed to take a two hour nap..
I know its going to get worse before it gets better..
I am in it for the long haul.
its so hard to watch him suffer when i know if he would just sleep he would feel so much better..

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
moped
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 19 2009, 12:05 PM)
he has had one 6 ounce of yogurt and then one 6 ounce bottle with rice.thats it ..
and some sips from the sippy. I gave in on the bottle because he is just so cranky and out of sorts..

nap is going bad..he has been crying for one hour so far and is only supposed to take a two hour nap..
its so hard to watch him suffer when i know if he would just sleep he would feel so much better..

He will - think of it this way. He has only had 2 chances to practice his soothing skills - that is not very much. So with 2 naps a day and night time he only has 3 a day to practice........it is going to take a lot more practice than that.

Try to busy yourself to not hear him - don't give in

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (moped @ Jan 19 2009, 12:20 PM)

He will - think of it this way. He has only had 2 chances to practice his soothing skills - that is not very much. So with 2 naps a day and night time he only has 3 a day to practice........it is going to take a lot more practice than that.

Jen, he is going on an hour and 25 mins. of crying..how long before I just say its not going to work right now?
i am not sure he is crying because he cant sleep or he isnt ready from the last nap yet?
he seems really tired to me..but he isnt slowing down at all..
it just seems like a long time.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
moped
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 19 2009, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (moped @ Jan 19 2009, 12:20 PM)

Jen, he is going on an hour and 25 mins. of crying..how long before I just say its not going to work right now?
i am not sure he is crying because he cant sleep or he isnt ready from the last nap yet?
he seems really tired to me..but he isnt slowing down at all..
it just seems like a long time.

I know what you are saying, but if you say it isn't working right now and get him up, he will continue to cry longer each time knowing that you are coming in to get him up early.....please don't

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

When I was doing daycare, I fed the kids lunch around 11:15, 11:30, so that they could take the time they needed to eat, and be in their quiet time for noon, so that at 2:15ish I could go in and start setting them up to wake up.. opening the curtains, turning off the music, etc.. so that at 2:30 we could be just about ready to go out and greet the bus.

if he is getting up between 5:30 and 6, it's a good guess that by 8 he's cranky... maybe he isn't ready to give up one nap...? (not that i'm assuming he was taking two.. but a lot of kids his age, 16 months, still take 2 naps..) I'd start winding down after the morning bus leaves, if there is one.. and be in quiet time for 8 or 8:30.. if you can permit it, take the time and lie down with him to make it a nice time as opposed to a mommy's leaving me, help! time.

even if it's only a short nap, or a quiet rest period, sometimes it's better than nothing. maybe offer a snack.... when you get him from his rest period, be soft, but cheerful.. you want the nap/quiet time to be as calm and happy as possible. I know it's tough, and it's a fight.. but if yuo're frustrated, he will be too. if you're calm and soothing, he might have an easier time being calm and soothed...?

I wouldn't offer a snack later than 9 or 9:30 in the morning.. and if he's seeming like he wants food earlier than lunch time, (i know, you're having a hard time with food too.. but..) then by all means, push up lunch a little bit, and push up the 2nd nap a little bit too. Sometimes timing is what makes all the difference...

anyway all that to say that i fed the kids lunch a little earlier so that they could ahve the 2 horus of sleep in the afternoon that they seemed to need. hug.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0075 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]