Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Which do you think,, I should get first?

If I can only get one first (see photos)
RhinoPlasty [ 3 ]  [42.86%]
Breast Augmentation [ 4 ]  [57.14%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
mammag
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,050

This is the only one I could find with a side shot (I don't let people take side photos)....

user posted image

And here is a better pic where you can see the size of my breasts (this top had a bit of helpers making it look like a small about of breasts....

user posted image

I didn't put an option for none because I want you to do it knowing I'll at least get one and really want your opinion on what would make more of a difference in my appearance.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I think you look just beauitful as you are BUT
If you were to get one done get the most painful one out of the way first LOL

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
moped
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I say boobs, cause I want some too

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

PascosGirl
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,590

I think you should get whatever you feel will make you have a better opinion of yourself done first. Being that you don't let anyone take side shot photos of you, I think you answer your own question!

GOOD LUCK! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by PascosGirl on Apr 3 2005, 02:14 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
Mommy2BAK
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 843

Yeah, I think you are already beautiful, but I would say since you don't like your side profile, go ahead and get that! But~ whatever you think.

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
kit_kats_mom
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

A nose job would really change your looks but a breast augmentation will change how your clothes hang and look.
Having a rather gianormous beak myself, I'd still say boob job. My nose is my grandmas nose and I just wouldn't look like myself without it. I was about 30 before I accepted my nose though and I also steer clear of the profile pictures.
wink.gif

One more thing to think about is the pain involved. I get really unhappy if my nose is stuffy but if I twist my ankle it just doesn't seem as bad. face pain stinks. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kit_kats_mom on Apr 3 2005, 03:07 PM

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I go back and forth becaue the nose does annoy me and when I see people with cute little noses I think "oh I would be so much prettier with a good nose". Yet then there are times I think "well it would be Jeanie without the Jeanie nose".

Then with the breasts sometimes I see little people that are in shape and look good regarless of their breast size and I'm sure it is more comfortable when they are small. Plus I like to sleep on my stomach which you're not supposed to do w/implants. But then I see people that are in good shape with normal (not huge) breasts and wish I could wear some of the clothes that they can. Again, I wouldn't mind as much that they are small if they didn't sag down to my feet. rolleyes.gif so I can't even wear cute tank tops that look good on small breasted women...

Oh it's such a bother!

Then there is the pain thing and I'm not fond of any pain in the head area either.
Well, I guess I've got another year to decide so I'll keep reading and deciding. When and if I do I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Thanks for your advice though.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PascosGirl
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

I had my nose fixed. I love my new nose. I was a freshman in high school though. My father is Greek, so (no offense) I had the nose that Greeks are famous for. I think it made me feel better about myself overall. I wasn't constantly worried about someone noticing it.

Although, I look back now and realize that my nose was never that bad to begin with. I think you are a hottie! lol But if you worry about your nose, you should fix it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
PM
mammag
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Was the pain horrible? How does it compare say to.....child birth? How long was the recovery time?

Thanks for the compliment by the way! wub.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
GavinsMommy
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Member No.: 878

Okay, well I say the rhinoplasty. I still stand firm in that breast augmentation can cause many issues. It's common enough for it to be something to really think about. And it isn't necessarily things like cancer or anything, but there are many things implants can cause to "change" in your body.

You have to consider the fact that your body might just flat out reject them. Rare, but it happens. People who get implants and have them removed end up with a LOT worse than what they orignally had. Just something to think about.

I honestly think that your breast size suits you. I think it's a bit cliche these days to have "bigger" breasts. You're a pretty blonde and the big breasts are just going to make you average...whereas right now you are beautiful and unique!!! And don't take that the wrong way wink.gif

I have a "cute little nose". I honestly wish I had a different one. It's too piggy. People are never really going to be satisfied with themselves. I vote rhinoplasty because you can always buy silicon inserts wink.gif But you can't always buy something to go on your nose! unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
mammag
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (GavinsMommy @ Apr 3 2005, 08:50 PM)
I have a "cute little nose". I honestly wish I had a different one. It's too piggy. People are never really going to be satisfied with themselves. I vote rhinoplasty because you can always buy silicon inserts wink.gif But you can't always buy something to go on your nose! unsure.gif

Hee hee! I've done that! The only problem is they tend to move around. I did find a bra that had big openings I can stick them in but I can't wear them with tank tops and workout clothes. Also, I feel so self conscious when I'm "with" dh.

Here is a funny story about my inserts....

I babysit and one day the father of Kyle came to pick him up and was waiting in the kitchen while I changed his diaper. He was leaning on the half wall and guess what was sitting there....yep, the inserts!!! I took them out because they get hot and just layed them down. Completely forgot and didn't notice till he left which was probably a good thing because I really would have turned red and been even more embarrassed!!!!

Thanks for the compliment by the way....and your nose is perfect!!!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PascosGirl
Posted on Apr 3 2005, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

QUOTE (mammag @ Apr 3 2005, 08:16 PM)
Was the pain horrible? How does it compare say to.....child birth? How long was the recovery time?

Thanks for the compliment by the way! wub.gif

It doesn't actually feel good. However, I was younger and they say kids deal with pain better than adults. Not sure how true that is.

Compared to childbirth! lol Well, I had 2 c-sections, and they hurt like....well, you know. So I would say childbirth was worse.

Besides, just like with childbirth, the pain only lasts for a little while but the memories last forever.

--------------------
PM
GavinsMommy
Posted on Apr 4 2005, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

QUOTE (mammag @ Apr 3 2005, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (GavinsMommy @ Apr 3 2005, 08:50 PM)

Hee hee! I've done that! The only problem is they tend to move around. I did find a bra that had big openings I can stick them in but I can't wear them with tank tops and workout clothes. Also, I feel so self conscious when I'm "with" dh.

Here is a funny story about my inserts....

I babysit and one day the father of Kyle came to pick him up and was waiting in the kitchen while I changed his diaper. He was leaning on the half wall and guess what was sitting there....yep, the inserts!!! I took them out because they get hot and just layed them down. Completely forgot and didn't notice till he left which was probably a good thing because I really would have turned red and been even more embarrassed!!!!

Thanks for the compliment by the way....and your nose is perfect!!!

LOL!!! That's so funny! I bet you were REALLY embarrassed! rolling_smile.gif

I guess my thing with implants, aside from the dangers, is that one day you might not want them and would just have to get them taken out and of course the routine maitenance every few years. So you can expect to replace them 3-5 times depending on how long you live. If your SO is okay with how they are, I say forget them and work those jelly inserts! There are tons of bras out there that have jelly or a water solution in them so that you get the bounce along with the extra bust. If you're not happy with your cleavage (because let's face it, no amount of inserts can give you the cleavage we sometimes want)...try tape. Sounds silly but lots of women do this, especially for pageants and fashion shows. I know this because two years ago I was the lead in a fashion extravaganza and all of us girls taped our breasts. Course you might not want to do that IRL, lol, but girls do do it! Always good for a special occasion wink.gif The nose is something you can get done and be happy with forever, boobs are going to have to be redone and when you're "old" they will look very strange against your wrinkly body. *sigh* Aging is a horrible thing sad.gif LOL! laugh.gif

Well thanks for the compliment on my nose...I just thought it was funny that you said "cute little" because that's what everyone says about it, hehe! Course they also sometimes call it piggy or Barbie nose and we all know that you can see STRAIGHT to Barbie's brain!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
GavinsMommy
Posted on Apr 4 2005, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Oh, another thing. Who are you really doing this breast thing for? That's also something to ponder on.

I admit, I'd like bigger........well, actually no...my boobs are fine, but they've changed a little with nursing. So if they stay the way they are now, I'd like them to be a little lifted and firm as they were.

But I have to say...if "in" was having a "small" and slightly saggy chest, would you want implants?

I often here people say, "No, this is for me...not for anyone else." Okay, but what if men were most attracted to small, saggy breasts?? What would you want then? wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

mammag
Posted on Apr 4 2005, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I see what you mean about the nose thing being permanent which is one reason I sometimes lean towards that. The thing is the nose thing doesn't make be feel deformed while the breasts do. I would love to think dh doesn't care and I don't think he really does but there is a definite difference in the attention he pays them while I'm bfing and when they are in "yucky mode" as I call them.

I want them for myself but because of the insecurities due to other peoples opinion, does that make sense. Sure if small saggy breasts were all the rage I would love them but let's face it, that's never going to happen. When I get old I would just have them removed and lifted to fix it. It is something to think about though.

Thanks for all your thoughts....that's exactly why I posted this. smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PascosGirl
Posted on Apr 5 2005, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

QUOTE (mammag @ Apr 4 2005, 08:30 AM)
I see what you mean about the nose thing being permanent which is one reason I sometimes lean towards that. The thing is the nose thing doesn't make be feel deformed while the breasts do. I would love to think dh doesn't care and I don't think he really does but there is a definite difference in the attention he pays them while I'm bfing and when they are in "yucky mode" as I call them.

I want them for myself but because of the insecurities due to other peoples opinion, does that make sense. Sure if small saggy breasts were all the rage I would love them but let's face it, that's never going to happen. When I get old I would just have them removed and lifted to fix it. It is something to think about though.

Thanks for all your thoughts....that's exactly why I posted this. smile.gif

The only thing about the breasts is, no one sees them except you and your husband. Good bras can hide anything.

Luckily, I had two kids and gained a lot of weight with them both, then lost it and my breasts barely sag. In fact, one doctor told me that he didn't see any sagging at all. Not sure why that is. Probably because I never had milk come in either time.

I think if new breasts will make you feel better, you should go for it. You only live once.

--------------------
PM
My2Beauties
Posted on Apr 6 2005, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

I say the rhinoplasty because of what Lauren said and everyone else basically, you can hide breasts, but not your nose! Also, what's wrong with the way you look? You know I think you are so beautiful and I'm not just saying that to be nice or anything, your are a very attractive woman and I would bet my life that my fiance would take a second look at you too and any other man for that matter tongue.gif If you are that unhappy with your nose then you should just for your own confidence. But with the breast implants just please be careful, I just know so many people that have had serious problems with theirs. I mean serious problems! Then once they get them done, they're never satisfied, they're always like I want them bigger etc... Also I know more guys that prefer small breasts to big breasts nowadays - I think the whole big bodacious boob thing is way overrated. Lauren is right you have to upkeep them because it's a foreign object in your body and it will start to sag, wear and tear etc! Also please remember this, plastic surgery is...well surgery and there are huge risks involved, while rare people do die during these procedures! Please think about this before getting surgery of any kind! wink.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted on Apr 6 2005, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I would probalby get the rhinoplasty done first and then if you still want to get the breasts surgery done... someday I want implants and a lift but not until I'm done having children because they are just going to get more messed up between now and then tongue.gif

Also I agree with everyone else you are SOOOO beautiful!!

This post has been edited by alyssa'smommy on Apr 6 2005, 07:33 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mammag
Posted on Apr 6 2005, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks you guys!!! You're so sweet. It's a lot to think about and I go back and forth. I won't do anything unless I'm absolutely positive.

Maybe I should spend the $$ on therapy instead and learn to love myself the way I am. unsure.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted on Apr 6 2005, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I think you are very beautiful just the way you are!!!!

But, you should do what makes you feel best. grouphug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2013 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]