Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> am i nuts to be
cameragirl21
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,205

seriously thinking of trying this?
http://mentorlee.vitamark.com/shopping/display.asp?code=300
here's the thing--these are pure fiber, you have them before a meal with a glass of water and you're not hungry but they DO have some calories so at least you're not starving yourself because in all fairness, you could achieve the same effect by taking a few metameucil (sp?) capsules and they're much cheaper but they have no calories (that i know of) so you'd literally be starving yourself.
i've tried these cookies before, they're not delicious but they ARE good...you eat them before each meal and you hardly eat at the meal, it's meant to achieve the same effect as gastric bypass just without the surgery--you're filling up your stomach so you eat very little at each meal and the weight just drops.
anyone want to try this with me?
btw, i hope it's ok to be posting this.... unsure.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
Jamison'smama
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

Interesting....

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Boys r us
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Member No.: 378

You can get the same effect by eating a can of green beans..they have basically no calories, yet they expand in your stomach and you feel extremely full. Load'em up with pepper and you've got a pretty decent tasting meal!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM

cameragirl21
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,205

QUOTE (Boys r us @ Feb 19 2007, 04:40 AM)
You can get the same effect by eating a can of green beans..they have basically no calories, yet they expand in your stomach and you feel extremely full. Load'em up with pepper and you've got a pretty decent tasting meal!

really? i'll have to try that, seriously, i'll go buy some today. i did buy the cookies and they're really good actually but i don't use them as meal replacement...instead i use them as dessert replacement. happy.gif
definitely gonna try the beans though...can i just microwave them and then add the pepper?

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 05:28 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Mmmm, green beans. laugh.gif

Yum...actually, that sounds like something I'd like to try. Often I just open a can of veggies, nuke em and just eat em.... but I never thought of it as a weight loss regimen..... Hmmm!!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Boys r us
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Member No.: 378

Yeah, I'll often take a can to work with me that has the pop top..use the lid to drain some of the juice out, dump them in a bowl and nuke them for abut 2 minute(the hotter the better they taste..lol?!?!?) and then dump tons of pepper on them..no salt and no butter..though I suppose a butter replacement wouldn't hurt, like some I can't believe it's not butter. But seriosuly, there are virtually no calories in green beans, you could 5 cans if you were really hungry and no guilt and they're relatively good!
It's a nice alternative to salad..sometimes I just need something hot on my stomach!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0076 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]