Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My kid is weird
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,193

She will eat all the nasty stuff like peas, the meats, mixed veggies - She scarfs them down. She will not touch fruits of ANY kind. Every morning I try to get her to have some fruit and I end up eating it (well if its bananas). How can I get Ms. Weirdo to like fruits!?

Oh also the Dr. said at 4months we could introduce the sippy cup... Its been 2 months and she still doesn't get it. I tried drinking out of it and its kind of difficult but whn I tried her bottle i couldn't get anything to come out so it could just be me(yah i'm weird too)... What are some good sippy cups?

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

I liked the gerber ones with two handles and soft spouts. Logan had an easier time with them. Don't worry, Logan didn't "get" it until he was closer to a year. Try taking the valves out, you do have to suck kind of hard, then when she realizes that there's yummy stuff in there she'll probably get better at it.
Fruits are a different story. Logan loves fruit, but won't touch a veggie unless it's pizza sauce. Have you tried making it something she can dip things in. Like a biter biscuit dipped in applesauce.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

I agree with Kelly on both the the type of sippy and that it takes time - both of my girls were at least 8-9 months before they figured it out.
PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Anthony always prefered straws over sippy cups. As for the fruit, don't worry about it, there's more sugars in there anyway, sooner or later she'll want them.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I don't have any advice on the fruit thing because we had the oposite problem VERY frustrating I definitly understand.

As far as the cups I definitly agree with kelly those are wonderful and really helped alyssa get the hang of it!!! hug.gif She'll get is soon!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0122 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]