Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Should I go to the doctor?, TMI
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I think I have a sinus infection. I'm blowing thick, green (sometimes bloody) stuff out of my head. blush.gif At night I have a horrible headache and feel so stuffy. It's relieved with over the counter meds, but it's not going away.

I'm not one to go to the doctor, EVER. I tend to think that in time these things will go away and I don't feel so bad that's it's interrupting life in any way. Not at all like when I had strep in November.
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Well, that does sound like a sinus infection. They can linger for a long, long time. Antibiotics would probably clear it up more quickly. I always wait them out because I'm anti-antibiotics tongue.gif But truth be told, it's a pain.

My mom swears by the effectiveness saline water cleansing in warm water for sinus infections. You have to squirt the salt water into your nostrils and sinus cavities with a syringe or bulb. I tried it once, but frankly found it a bit painful. It did help clear things up though.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

definitely sounds like a sinus infection. How long have you had it? if its been a few weeks and things aren't getting better, then I would go in. If you can get relief with over the counter stuff, then I would just do that.
I am anti-antibiotics too, and I actually try to take as little OTC stuff as possible too. IMO it is better to let your body fight things of as naturally as possible.
PM

A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

yes go you definitly have a sinus infection!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I agree, sounds like a sinus infection! sad.gif hug.gif I'm the same way about going to the doctor. In this case though I think I'd go in - in my opinion OTC drugs just cover up the symptoms and prolong the sickness. If it's too miserable to suffer through it without over the counter stuff then I'd just take the antibiotic and get it over with! wink.gif Hope you feel better soon! hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

OMG I was just going to post an almost identical post! I don't have an answer.......I'm feeling terrible here and I don't want to go to the doc. I AM taking antibiotics from my last cold and I STILL got another one...BAD!! So I have no advice...but I'm sorry you're going through it too. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I'm like Rae and feeling the same way. I just talked to hubby, since we don't have ins that will cover the docs visit right now, but the antibiotic will only be about $4. I wish I could just get the antibiotic. But I really don't want to see the doctor, time wise or $$ wise. But I agree you probably and me too have a sinus infection. I have the exact same symtoms as you do.

The saline helps, you can buy a saline spray at Walmart for about $2 and spray twice in each nostril 3x day. It will help, if you want to try that for a little while before the doc. Make sure it is plain saline, the others will just mask the symtoms not help them go away.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Calimama
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

I hope you get to feeling better soon! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Yup, sounds like a sinus infection. I usually wait it out, I get them all the time. But, every now and then I get one that I can't get rid of and go to the doc.

Hope you feel better soon. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0106 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]